We are looking for a new design for the website for the 'Nationale Oldtimerdag' in the Netherlands. This design should have style and elegance combined with modern clear and crisp looks but keep in mind that most of the visitors are in the agerange 35-65.
Nationale Oldtimerdag Lelystad
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
This year is the 25th anniversary of the 'Nationale Oldtimerdag'. The current website http://www.oldtimerdaglelystad.nl is around for 7 years and therefore it is time to revamp the website of this event.
We are a not-for profit organisation but as proffesional as amateurs get :-) The day is free for visitors (we get around 25.000 each year) and there is no fee for competitors either.
We are looking for a design for the website, including 2 or 3 topvisuals (so we can change every 4-6 months) and seperate design elements where we can change color of the site according to the marketing of that year (i.e. last year we had a orange and red poster/flyer and therefore the site was more red/orange)
Technical stuff: we want to have the final designs in photoshop, layered, high res.The site will be in 1024x786
Modern with style and elegance
- Top visual with graghic(s) that will grab the attention of the visitors.
- Integrate the logo of the Nationale Oldtimerdag (top left of current site) in the top visual
- Integrate the date of the next event (21 juni 2009) and a counter (x days to go - 'te gaan' - ) in the top visual
- Include the title in the top visual: Nationale Oldtimerdag
- We want to improve the navigation and have 6 main navigation items (these can be on the left side but probably are better on the top below the top visual (This year, History, Registration, Sponsors, Organisation, Media - in dutch this is: 2009, historie, inschrijving, sponsors, organisatie, media)
- We want to have 3-5 positions for changing pictures (to give a good feel of the day)
- We want to have 3-5 positions for banners (which we dont have on the current site)
- We want to have an easy way of customizing the site in different colors (so some design elements should have a clear color, so we can change that for the next year)
- We want to have a good position for the logos of the city (lelystad) - left hand side of current siteGood to look at (other classic car events)
- http://www.mbhconcours.org/Good to look at (clear and crips design)
- To loud, bright
- To 60s / 70s
- To old fashioned
- To complex