We are looking for a new website design that is both clean and professional. A simple effective design is crucial.
We need 2 separate templates including a home page and content / sub page design. We require the successful designs in a PSD or PNG format.
The winning designer will have the opportunity of additional work on the site over the next 6-12 months.
Click Funnel – The eBusiness Optimisation Experts
Click Funnel is an online marketing and optimisation company based in Scotland. We offer a range of services including; website audit reports, search engine optimisation, paid search advertising, landing page optimisation and checkout optimisation. The website will be targeting marketing managers of medium to large shopping and online business websites. A typical client will want to improve the current conversion level on their website by optimising both their website content and any online marketing campaigns. Our primary focus will be on consumer related sites.
The design needs to be clean, professional and obvious as to what we offer, and special attention needs to be paid to the 3 main service areas of Website Audits, Campaign Optimisation and Content Optimisation. We’re not looking to revolutionise website design and don’t want anything cutting edge, just an easy to use, clean and professional design.
The site needs to be designed for a 1024 x 768 screen resolution. This doesn’t mean that the page can’t vertically scroll BUT relevant information needs to be visible without scrolling. E.g. Main service areas and Latest Client Success (See Later for details)
Successful designer will be given the opportunity to design additional pages and images for the site as it evolves over the next 6-12 months.
The site needs to follow a very simple structure of company branding, demonstrating what we do and proving our success by showing current client successes and people we have worked with in the past.
Sites of competitors we like;
http://www.greenlightsearch.com (Great design and page layouts. Very Clear) Ideal design except main banner which takes up too much vertical space)
http://www.omniture.com (Very professional if not a little too complicated)
http://www.techsmith.com ( Very user friendly especially Morae product area)
http://www.sitespect.com (Nice and simple although a little limited in terms of navigation)
• Simple, professional and uncomplicated design allowing for lots of page content throughout the site
• Text and copy should be easily readable with text being a little larger than on usual sites. See http://www.techsmith.com/morae/user…eloper.asp
• The company’s logo should appear at the top left of the page. The logo can be downloaded from http://www.clickfunnel.co.uk
• Phone number and email address as well as a link to the client login area should appear on the top right.
• The site home page and content pages will have a main banner image below the main navigation and for the home page this should contain the following text;
“Get more customers but spend less on advertising” “Find out how now”
• All main page headings and sub headings should be more than just text and include an image that can be used as a background image with CSS. See http://www.techsmith.com/morae/user…eloper.asp. Most headings have a shaded area surrounding the headings. We’re looking for something similar.
• Main navigation elements should include the following;
Home | Our Team | What We Do | Case Studies | Reports | Articles | Get In Touch
• Sub navigation on the content pages should be very clear and populated with different navigation elements depending on location within the site. This should appear on the left hand side.
• Breadcrumb navigation should appear on all content pages ensuring any visitor knows exactly where they are on the site at all times. E.g. You Are Here > Home > What We Do > Campaign Optimisation
• There should be a main banner image at the top of each page.
• On the home page will be 3 highly visible sections describing the main services, which are:
Website Audits | Campaign Optimisation | Content Optimisation
See Greenlight “At A Glance” as to how this could be done. http://www.greenlightsearch.com/
• It would also be good to include some additional logos of current and past clients under the Latest Client section. http://www.greenlightsearch.com
• There should be room for about 150 / 200 additional words on the page to help with SEO
• There should be a search facility enabling visitors to search for information on the site
• We need a Newsletter Signup allowing space for about 20 words to encourage signups
• There will be a Latest Buzz Blog section which should display the latest 3 articles with a date.
• It would also be good to include sample feature boxes on the right hand side to offer flexible highlighting of particular products and services. See http://www.greenlightsearch.com/ppc/ where they have used Our Products and Case Studies for their feature boxes.
• At the bottom of every page there will be a Contact Form to help improve conversions and sign ups to newsletters etc. See http://www.futurenowinc.com
• The content pages will have all the features of the home page but without the three service area boxes / sections and the Latest Client success.
• All content pages should contain a main heading and a summary heading immediately after the main heading. There will be other regular sub headings to break up the page. This should be demonstrated within the design for the content page.
• There should be a mini sitemap on each page giving easy access to all main areas of the site. See http://www.techsmith.com for an example of this at the bottom of the page.
• The footer section should contain the following information. Company Name, Address and Telephone Number should appear at the bottom of all pages as well as this strap line;
Copyright 2009. Click Funnel Ltd | The eBusiness Optimisation Experts.
• Don’t use too many colours
• Fussy overly complicated designs
• Anything too cutting edge
• Coloured backgrounds for the main content and text area. White only!