REQUESTING A WORDPRESS SITE
1. TABS & MAIN GOAL OF EACH PAGE
- Meet Clara - move ppl to book me as a speaking or sign up for email
- Keynotes - convey credibility and inspiration, so that they complete speaker questionnaire
- Coaching & Consulting - sign up for strategy call or free giveaway
- Products (this will be hidden for now)
- What people are saying - impact of wow
- Mission - Values - resonate with the reader
- Contact us
2. HOME PAGE
CONVEY: Trust, Inspiration, Education, Call to action, Freedom, Energy
- Short Video on the right upper side - auto play for first time visitors
- some copy underneath the video - very little copy, just a couple of sentences
- place in the center (top half of the page), under pics, for some copy - again, not a lot, probably a paragraph or some bullet points
- a carousel of 3-4 images that link to articles or other parts of the site
- headshot pic of me, maybe 2/3 shots of me speaking (although these could go on the Keynote page if the home page is getting too full. I like simple.)
- Click forward boxes: one for meeting planners & one for entrepreneurs. See attached image. Sometime like MEETING PLANNERS CLICK HERE. ENTREPRENEURS CLICK HERE - two boxes next to each other, but different colours. Entrepreneurs need to click to a SIGN UP box to enter their email, and then will go to a FREE GIVEAWAY, a page where they can enter email and download the gift. Meeting Planners will click through to email/contact me.
- social media - Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook - CHANGE THE COLOURS TO THOSE THAT MATCH MY SITE THEME, not the typical colours
- Skype as a coaching tool for out-of-town clients (might be best on coaching & consulting page - you decide)
- A site that can easily be optimized for SEO
3. SECONDARY PAGES
- three columns - see: http://www.thework.com/thework.php. Left is narrow and far right is almost as wide as the center one, but not quite; probably use the far left as a menu column. Want the middle column to be the widest so that any writing is easy to read.
- on the keynote and What ppl are Saying pages I'll have have photos and video in the center column. Other pages will have pics in the far right
- different banner on the following pages - maybe just the logo - and smaller without the tagline?, a smaller or simpler version of the home page
- easy to get back to the home page & maneuver around - obvious
4. LAYOUT & FEELING OF THE SITE
- because i'm a professional speaker, the home page needs to promote me and be very compelling - INSPIRE CURIOSITY & THE DESIRE TO KNOW MORE
- design layout - prefer to read top to bottom in terms of layout for articles e.g. box for photo and right underneath it a box for short caption, then underneath that a box for small paragraph of copy (scroll down to read all)
- choose a FONT that is easy on the eyes, a little different from what everyone else is using, and that converts across all computers/search engines. Absolutely no Times or Times New Roman.
- LOTS OF WHITE SPACE - SIMPLICITY - INSPIRING
- colors - see attached palette & logo for guidance here
- FEEL - spacious, lots of white space, room to breath, feeling of happiness; clean, simple & clear; warm winter colours, a vibrancy & freshness (without being cold) at the same time as being grounding - not overwhelming; engaging; visually stimulating; inspiring - inspired to action, to be better, to do better, freedom... I like the idea of activating a feeling of HOME and CURIOSITY in people who visit - a desire to stay and cruise the site, plus take action - something that makes this site stand out rather than be like all the others out there. LIKE WITH APPLE COMPUTERS - you don't know why, but you want to be in their stores and be on their site - something about the simplicity, intention and warmth of their marketing?