How FranzFudd started their web page design journey
We are looking to update our website to reflect our new business model. We have just had a new logo designed and are looking to support that with a fresh new modern website design highlighting our 4 key revenue streams. The other dominant feature of the front page will be a flash presentation which will loop and illustrate our company’s products and services. We are looking for a design for the home page in the first instance. The winner will then be required to work with us on designs for subsequent pages.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Mediahouse Technology shoots video, edits it andpublishes it to the web. We have a professional production crew who work onsiteor within our Sydney studio..Video is then encoded to flash and then we publishit to custom built front end & content management systems for media. Webuild these ‘channels’ in Flash so that our clients can manage their own medialibrary and upload and attach PDF files, PowerPoint slides ...you get thepicture..
Our clients are corporate’s who use us for companyannouncements, video training and other business to business communications. Mostclients are multi-national organisations with IT departments who are themselvesprofessionals but are not experienced in streaming media. We also deal withMarketing departments who enjoy looking at fresh clean sites with littleclutter and definitive messages that leap out and tell them what the want.
Our logo signifies streaming of media in variousforms. It demonstrates colour and activity with the rays stemming out from thecentre of the circle . The logo comes in two forms; grey on a black backgroundand reverse.
The design layout:
We have created a design layout for the front pagewhich shows what elements we want.
The Grey circle:
Rays coming out from circle:
- First impressions are that we are a serious professional player in thenew media industry. The style we would be mostly attracted to is clean, modernand slick.
- We also wish to be perceived as approachable, atrusted adviser and a company willing to work with and alongside our clients todeliver customized solutions. We aim to build long term relationships with ourclients.
- The top banner needs to be black (as shown in attached spec) with the grey version of our logo in the top left
- space for a 480x290px SWF to play in a loop (as shown in spec)
- Four buttons to the right of SWF showing our 4 main revenue streams (as shown in spec)
- A space underneath SWF for a text box for news or other message (as shown in spec).
- A space for our value proposition underneath 4 buttons. This is hard coded words and would like your input to portray in a creative interesting way
- No aero, web 2.0, 3d bubble design
- not cluttered or busy looking
- not too deliberately tech or deliberately video. In other words images that are abstract and not too in your face such as a video camera or tripod etc. Our business stretches over many different facets so we dont want to be seen as just one dimension or favour one particular revenue stream