What Theme to Design
- Choose a Genre from the list above.
- Responsive Web Design. The design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works. Please design cautiously and not overly artsy. Remember that this design should not only consider the desktop browsing, but should also be helpful for mobile browsing, and thus making the design absolutely possible to navigate.
- Standard width is 960px. However you can also consider modern tools and techniques by using hd wide, landscape or portrait.
- Design must be in English. The theme will be based on the industries we service (see Target Audience and Theme Genre), so pick a genre to design. Please use content and imagery that conveys well with the theme. All text should be able to be real text (instead of text inside images) because our software works with multiple languages.
- Please use example images based on the chosen genre. Winners will have to notify us about image licenses. NO ADULT RELATED MATERIALS.
On Features to Include
- Mega Menu. Please show the design with the Mega Menu and or Dropdown navigation design. Use text links.
- Slider. Please design the slider that is compatible with Nivo Slider.
- Showcase of featured products or categories.
What NEEDS be included in the header
- Customer and Cart links such as: Login, My Account, View Cart, Checkout. Use texts links or can include icons.
- Logo. Preferably use text and not images.
What CAN be included in the header
- Search bar
- Shopping Cart with default format - 1 (items) $10.00
- Use no more than 7 texts links such as: Home, New Products, Specials, My Account, About Us, Blog, Contact Us
- If possible, please include a dropdown or mega menu design using text links.
- Nivo Slider (Please look at the features to include)
- Sample content texts (Please refer to Look and Feel and Fonts to use)
- A grid/list of featured products or categories (Cannot have both) (For more information, see the example design) (Preferably 2-4 columns, in 2-3 rows).
If using Featured Products, order of elements are:
* Product Image
* Product Name
* Product Price
* Also include a “details” or “add to cart” button.
If using Categories, order of elements are:
* Product Image
* Product Name
* Teaser text
* ‘View Products’ text link
Important: Do not use other elements that are not listed from above.
What NEEDS to be included in the footer
- Copyright information
What CAN be included in the footer
- Divide into 4 columns
* 1st column - Promotions with links such as (Gift Certificate, New Arrivals, Specials)
* 2nd column - Online Store with links such as (View Cart, Checkout, My Account)
* 4th column - Copyright information
- This will show the design of the inner page representing the category or product grid
- 2 to 3 column layout with left widgets(20-25% width), main content(55%+ width), and right widgets(20-25% width)
- example widgets to design are Categories, Information, Featured Products
- please refer to the the attached file for example layout