Always a pleasure to work with Muddy and the team. Great designs, excellent Wordpress skills, super fast response and always friendly. They always get exactly what we want. Hope to work with you guys again very soon.
Amazing as always!
- Steve Wiideman
He's been very attentive and cooperative! It's been a pleasure working with him!
- Steve Sen ⚡️⚡️
Quick and easy. Always reliable.
How alexeyf started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
TemplateLab.com contains thousands of document templates for various purposes. All templates are free and available for the instant download to users.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
The content page has a lot of information to present to the user and it should be done in a clear and compact way. If user comes to download specific templates it should be able to easily find it on the page, preview and download.
The content sections are an additional bit to the templates and should provide extra value to the users and guide through the topic.
** Content Page (Example http://templatelab.com/authorization-letter/)
- Usually, such pages contain 30-50 document templates with thumbnails
- Usually, it contains ~ 1500 - 2000 words article on the topic with 4-5 sections.
- It's good to have templates grouped into small subsections and have in-page navigation for easy access.
- in-page navigation also helps to navigate between content sections.
- I think it will be beneficial to visually separate sections (example https://www.hloom.com/resumes/)
- Some templates may be presented in the few formats, so a user should have an option to pick which format is required (example http://templatelab.com/letterhead-templates/)
** Main Page http://templatelab.com/
- Currently, it's around 500 articles no the site and they all displayed on the main page with a small thumbnail. I think it's better to re-group them into smaller categories and present in a more compact way.
- Ideally, users should be able to find a relevant category on the main page and look through available documents in the category.
- It might be beneficial to visually separate categories, so it will not look like a giant list.
** Category Page http://templatelab.com/category/bus…templates/
- As you may see there are just a few categories at the moment, but there is a plan to group documents differently. Ideally, the category should contain around 30-50 documents.
- Once user navigated to category page it should be easy for him to find a relevant document or explore what is available.
I would prefer to keep the similar colour theme (red/black/white) and the same logo, but it's not a mandatory requirement. If you think that your design will look better with other colours - feel free to submit. I am open to new ideas. I attached an existing style guide with source files.
Keep n mind that 77% of users are using desktop devices, 20% mobile and 3% tablets.