Designer was very innovative and did a great job understanding the job and delivered great results.
I'm a tough customer and ultimately it came down the simplicity of the logo that matched the brand & style of my business.
How Joshua21991 started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are a web consultancy seeking a web design for a client. The client is looking to create an active and vibrant community of photographers, interior designers and consumers where the photographer will upload his or her images to a gallery for the designers and consumers to browse and purchase. The site will also offer a service to interior designers, by crowd-sourcing their request. Designers will create “projects or contests” with their room design and layout and then specify their photo requirements. Photographers will then compete by submitting their photographs for consideration (similar to 99designs).
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
http://www.1x.com - The client finds this site to be closest to their goal – they would be happy with a similar feel of this site but we do not just want a copy of it. The interface is simple, clean, and conveys what they do clearly.
The design should be as clean as possible in order to allow the photos to “pop” - they will be vibrant hi res images and we want them to be the highlight
The client wants the site to effectively convey two competing ideas
1. Comfortable/simple - they want something that reflects the comfort of the home
2. Vibrant/modern - They are in the business of selling photography, so they want it to grab you and make you want to buy
The challenge for the designer is to find a way to merge these 2 styles without having too much going on. The object of the design is to allow the photo to portray the message.
• Navigation - We are looking for sleek, elegant and simple. We want to see them but not have them be the focus.
--- Navigation buttons should include
* Photos (drops down a list of categories)
We were thinking that it would be nice to have one or two sample photos for each category. Check out the “offices” menu option in the nav of http://www.jonesday.com for an ugly, but effective example.
* Buy Prints
* Contact Us
* A login/password box for photographers and designers
* A search box
--Slideshow/Featured Content - We envision a large promotional section (perhaps a slideshow) with featured photos, each with a text overlay.
--Featured Sections -
* Featured Photographs
* Featured Photographers
* New Photos
* Featured Category (text link + sample photos)
As stated above, the target demographic groups are:
1. Interior Designers (typically low 20s to mid 40s) - For both corporate projects and private homes.
2. Consumers (young singles and couples - typically low 20s to mid 40s) - Looking for contemporary photography and art for their homes/apartments.
3. Businesses - design companies, restaurants, offices looking to bring color to their walls.
The site is about community, where all parties come and participate - think iStockphoto + 99designs + facebook.