Some general comments:
1.) All Pages are from the Parents perspective.(The Teacher structure will differ since they have to send messages/events to multiple families)
2.) User menu should have the following items:
- Child Profile (Where parents can enter basic information about their child and which is accessible to the daycare teachers)
- Messages (Messages between family, daycare and other parents)
- Calendar (Overview over events for the child's group)
- Media/Pictures (Pictures, Videos and other documents in which the child was tagged by the daycare teachers).
- Notice Board (Where parents can post open messages to the whole group)
- Sharing settings (In which the Parents can invite other family members or carers to view the information about their child).
4.) Top Level Menu should have the following items:
- Active Profile dropdown (Where parents can switch between active child profiles if they have more than one child and can enter additional child profiles)
- Account Settings (Where the parent can manage their own account)
- Social Media Icons (Facebook & Twitter)
We would like you to design 2 pages: The Dashboard and the Message section. The Dashboard is the first page a logged-in user will see and it shows an overview over the latest messages, the calendar and the latest uploaded media (pictures/videos).
The Message section shows the messages sent back and forth between the family and the daycare teachers and the family and families of other children in the daycare group.
Here are the pages we would like you to design. The Top level Menu items and the User Menu items should always be present as well the as the Footer/Header.
Page 1: User Dashboard
The user is logged in and sees an overview over his child's groups status.
Three sections are shown in the Dashboard: Messages, Calendar and Media. The Dashboard should provide an overview over all three sections. For each section there should be a “more” link that should link to the menu item.
a) Messages: Gives an overview over the last messages and clearly indicates new, unread messages
b) Calender: Gives a quick overview over the current week with the events planned.
c) Media: Shows Thumbnails of the latest pictures/videos/documents uploaded.
Page 2: Messages :
List of Messages to and from the childcare centre, internally among family members and between the family and other families. You can see what works better in the design, if the three types of messages are in different sections or all in one stream. Messages should have a "subject" line and message body. Click on Message subject opens a pop-up to see full message.
Available options for the user:
- Click on message subject opens pop-up to view full message
- Options to Delete each message
- Clear indication which messages have been read and which are unread
- Compose message button (to either other parents, the daycare teachers or only internal family) which opens a pop-up to compose the new message.