The page we would like designed is our Retirement Dashboard. The Retirement Dashboard will be part of our new web site to be launched in December. The design of the dashboard will be applied throughout our new site -- which will incorporate some of our existing content, but with new tools, navigation and organization.
The user arrives to this page after completing a three page registration process where they have shared their financial information with us. The purpose of this page is to introduce the user to their personalized analysis and recommendations and enable them to choose which area they would like to explore in greater detail.
The top navigation is an important element of this page, since it will appear on most pages in the site. We want the navigation to be clean, easy to read, and clearly represent where the user is in the site.
The L1 navigation should have mouseovers to show subnavigation
The L2 navigation should have mouseovers that highlights to “active”
We want the overall design to:
- Have a clean look and feel
- Use a color palette based on our logo, with orange and green used as highlights – no pastels (Do we want to re-use the current navigation UI & colors? I think it’s ok)
- Use as much white background as possible in the content areas to make it more legible to a senior audience.
- Incorporate large font types.
- Incorporate sophisticated but clean graphics and/or icons (not cartoonish, if photography, then very simple and iconic)
- Retirement planning is an overwhelming process for most people – we are aiming to make it manageable and ideally interesting for people
- we want our site to reflect that and to provide a clear and undaunting path forward. We’re hoping to minimize text in the new site (we know our current site is too dense today).
*** I have included two wire-frames that represent two ways of presenting the offers on our "dashboard". We are open to creativity re: how these are presented, but would like to keep things as clean and simple as possible.