We are very pleased with the outcome and look forward to a continued working relationship!
It was a pleasure working with Simon.
How Grabien started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We're a news-clipping/news prep service with a burgeoning suite of production tools available for professionals/amateurs alike.
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
We hired a rather expensive D.C.-based firm to design a new homepage as well as a secondary page (which we were going to use as a template for redesigning the rest of the website). However, now that we have these two pages, we are thinking it would be easier to hire a designer to finish the rest of the website (using these first two pages as a template).
1) The current homepage is being supplanted with the new overview page described above. The current homepage will instead become the landing page of the "multimedia marketplace," which is where producers go to see all of the new clips that have been added to the system. Link: https://grabien.com/index.php (We can probably get rid of the top left, and top center, panels.)
2) The MediaBank is the database for all of our pre-edited news clips. (Note that we are also going to be adding full-length transcripts to this database.) Link: https://grabien.com/browse.php
3) The LiveClipper is a tool enabling users to tune into a live news stream, monitor a transcript scrolling in real time underneath the video, and create clips -- simply by selecting a portion of the transcript they would like a clip of. Pic of the tool attached below.
4) The NewsMonitor is a tool that enables you to tune into multiple news feeds at the same time. The client can pop out any of the players and begin create clips from the broadcast in real time. Picture attached.
5) The Clipper is one of the main tools; this lets clients customize existing clips by trimming them down, adjusting the file format, etc. Pic attached below.
This is just a basic overview. There is much more to this project. Whoever ends up being hired should communicate with me to get some more information about how the company is trying to position itself.