GlobalShift.org, is a news and commentary site. We utilize the creativity and experiences of everyday citizens to ACKNOWLEDGE the injustice in the world today and make others aware, INSPIRE anyone who cares, even a little bit, to do something about it, and ultimately call for a RESPONSE from a generation privileged and equipped like none before to address the great environmental and societal challenges in our world. The site enjoys an average of 150,000 visitors each month.
We are a young, socially conscious, tech savvy crew eager to engage our peers and we're targeting a similar crowd. However, we welcome activists of all ages and discussions that often arise at our site engage a wide range of individuals from varying backgrounds and ages. For certain, all of our readers share a common interest in staying informed and making the world a better place.
1. Header needs to better reflect our content.
-our current header with greenery and water drops was created in line with our original mission which we dropped. Our content is now all about people making the world better, action steps for the socially conscious, global events, nonprofits and news.
2. Sidebar needs to be reworked in order to become more consistent with the rest of the site and ad space reduced to one 300X250 ad.
3. The content area needs a good shake up to better highlight various topics. At the moment, the wall of text doesn't draw the reader in to specific stories.
4. We need a better presentation of the flash rotator. Let's make it a more memorable experience.
5. There will only be two ads on the site. One 726x 90 and the other in the sidebar, 300x250
6. Please include a sample article page so we can see examples of bullets, image captions and more.
7. We would also like an artist's perspective on the most effective place to add video to the site.
Summary: We are going for the same basic layout, reworked and changed a bit to maximize our content presentation, freshen up our image, reflect our content while catching the visitor's eye