How omeyocan started their web page design journey
King Foo (king-foo.be)
We need a new website for our company, King Foo. We are PHP developers, not designers. We strive for quality in our work and like to think of ourselves as being more 'technical' web developers. But we also like out of the box thinking :)
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
our future and current customers. They are businesses mostly, other agencies (bigger ones) as well.
These are requirements we have in mind:
- must fit nicely with our our logo
- fixed width +/- 980px (max usage of a 1024px estate)
- top part has place for large message (be it an eye-catching picture or a large slogan). This 'banner' style box optionally has tabs for switching to a next slogan or image.
- menu has 4-5 items, could grow to 7-8 in the future
- a login link or small form somewhere
- a part of the page should have multiple smaller blocks where we can place small bits of info, like links to subpages or a news feed
- enough place for some text (2 - 3 paragraphs)
- be original
- thinks we like for various reasons: http://andreasviklund.com/templates/andreas02/, http://www.activecollab.com, http://www.zend.com/en/ (ok, that last one is probably too much 'enterprise' style, but it has a clean interface). All of the previous examples have good and clear navigation, but are a bit too "clean" overall. Some smart/funny accents added to such a clean interface would be nice. Our logo is a bit out of the ordinary, we would like our site to have that same touch.
Nice to haves:
- light background, preferrably white, but you can always try to surprise us
- design should make it quite easy to re-arrange items once navigating to subpages for example. Header and footer will stay in place, but other items may be switched on/off, depending of the content on the subpage.