I am an art teacher at a local art school in Tampa, Florida.
I want to make art history a fun subject that appeals to today's always-online, always-connected students. My area of specialization is oil painting.
I want a website where I can
* post learning materials,
* publish regular blog posts about happenings in the art world,
* get my students to connect with my Facebook page and Twitter account.
* sell art instruction DVDs
* stay in touch with a group of past and present students through an email newsletter.
I have put in some work to get a wireframe ready for the Home Page. I am now looking for design ideas to realize the wireframe.
Final output from you
A .PSD file containing your design idea for the Home Page of the website.
The .PSD file will be converted to XHTML/CSS so it needs to be fully layered, where the text is editable and the images have backgrounds, foregrounds, overlays, etc.
Criteria for Winning Entry
1. Should enter a design within first 2 days of the launch of the contest, even if it is not the most "perfect".
2. Willing to take feedback from me to iteratively improve on design.
3. Fulfills all the requirements laid down and then adds own "zing" to take my idea to another level. There are no constraints on what the "zing" could be. :-)
4. Eye candy.