How don williams started their web page design journey
We had great success with our new logo design through 99designs and we're excited to see what the designers create this time. We are looking for a new clean site that goes along with our two tag lines 1 – “Insuring your peace of mind” 2 – “Insuring those who ensure our future”. Please see all the attached documents and links in the description section.
Insuring Your Peace of Mind
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
- There are two sites that I like http://www.techinsurance.comandhttp://www.sitepoint.com – The techinsurance company design has most of what we need on our homepage; a prominentquote section, easy to read testimonials, an insurance resource section, andlimited clutter.
- I’ve created a sketch of the homepage with the sections Iwould like – http://www.falconewilliams.com/sketch.pdf please do not let this limit your creativity. The positioning, size, color, font, imagery is totally up to you. I just wanted to include all the sectionsnecessary.
- Our new logo: http://www.falconewilliams.com/fwlogo.ai
- Our current website: http://www.falconewilliams.com - not much inspiration here – we want atotally new look – see logo.
- FYI: I will be working on a quoting system using PHP andMySQL that will be incorporated into the new site. We will probably need the winner to help codethe main page and design the interior pages and navigation flow.
- Classes of business we serve: We are a trusted choice(www.trustedchoice.com) independent insurance agency that provides Home, Auto,Life and Business insurance. Ourbusiness insurance specialty niche is high tech and eco-friendlycompanies. We also provide personalinsurance high net worth customers in the Lake Norman area of Charlotte(homeowners, auto and life insurance)
- We like blue… see our logo
- We’ll also need a third complementary color –maybe some shade of green to go with our second tag line
- Simple navigation like techinsurance site
- The site must look good and be readable in800x600 as well as higher resolutions
- Clean images or icons – simple, unique
- A little white space… ..
- To many images or photos
- Bright or loud colors – a finebalance between not looking to stodgy and still conveying trustworthiness