First, allow me to apologize for such a long description, I just want to be sure you understand completely what we are looking for.
1. Landing (home page) - This page needs to be updated for ease of use, opt in, better search box, header with an updated modern look. Long story short, make it ease to start the process of with searching or creating a profile which capturing information. So in order for someone to participate on the site, they have to include information and then possibly a button like "Now Find Your Match." Or just "Find Your Match!" The site has not been changed in many years but we don't want to alienate/confuse our loyal members so they should know that even know they don't recognize the home page, they know they are in the right place. The idea is to update it, make it user friendly but keep some continuity. The name at the top should say Lucky Lovers or Lucky Lovers Connection. I'm playing with both ideas.
Goal: Capture user information (First Name, Email, Country) before they search and/or get them to sign up now (if possibly they are a returning visitor looking to start their membership. Log in should also be a option with the option of signing up under it possibly? There is a lot of traffic that have visited the site to search but haven't given any information. We want them to now have to provide First name, email, and country.
2. Profile page - This is the page where you land when you log in. You don't need to subscribe to create a profile but you have to pay to contact anyone. So a subscription button is necessary here with copy like "Not a subscriber year?! Then a Subscribe or "Gain Exclusive access" button. This page needs to be changed to have a dashboard view. So it should have your picture, number of times your profile was viewed, number of emails, number of messages (think "Likes" on FB, number of new subscribers in the last 30 days and anything else you can come up with. Also, when a user is on the home page, the side navigation should match the new header you created. If you sign up at Russian Cupid, you can get an idea of the process I'd like to follow, including the guidelines they offer for a better experience. I've attached an example that is almost exactly what one should see after they log in to the site.
Goal: This page should capture all the details of their profile. Number of views, messages in their inbox, etc. But in a fun, easy to read and understand way.
3. Travel Together - This is a page where people can meet up and travel abroad, or let other members know if they are going to be spending some time in a particular city. It's a very highly traffic page so it needs to be VERY easy to use but the benefits should remain at the top with a very consice description. We can use the copy on the page but with much better graphics and format.
Goal: Get people to easily post where they are traveling and when. Updated look and feel for users.
4. Mailbox (link on left when you log in): It's functional now and does the job. But it needs to be more current and modern. The tools are there with letter writing, adding a video, No Thank you quick click, etc. But it needs to be up to date with what online users expect today.
Goals: Make it much easier for people to respond to messages they receive. I want my users to be able to click, read and respond quickly as people are busy. But not so simple that it looks unsophisticated and doesn't have solid functionality.
5. Profile view of someone else's profile. So when you actually click on a person from the search functionality. Right now, it's a bit confusing to figure out how to communicate to that person. I want to make it easy but not have the page look too simple. I want to keep the quick responses, like not having the write a whole letter but can quick reply with I'm interested, please write me. The Yeps and Nopes can be change to something things under yes like This is me saying Hi!, Or I'm shy, send me a letter or no, I'm not interested but thank you for your interest.
Goal: When someone clicks on a profile, I want them to be able to respond quickly either with an email or a "quick response." Again, modern, updated, ease to use, and easy to understand. People shouldn't have to look around and see how you do what. Even very short text that says "Reply quickly here (drop down for yes or no) or just a box that says Start your letter by typing here, then a Send button. Again, simple and easy but doesn't look unsophisticated or cheap.
Note that each page should have social media, so FB likes (like us), twitter, etc. With a tell a friend button, possibly a megaphone in the box that says tell a friend. Obviously it will be coded elsewhere but I like to see the images on the mock ups.
Examples are in the attachments section.
Thank you so much for your time and attention to the long description and repeated "what we want" explanations :)