The home page will introduce us to the user, and grab their attention to want to learn more and ultimately purchase a membership to our site. The existing site/home page can be seen at http://www.mealeasy.com.
We had a developer rework the layout somewhat as seen at http://office.noviden.biz:8082/html/index.html This is very basic and just to show the general placement we want to have of elements in the new site, with the following goals that we'd NEED to maintain in the new design:
- The top part of the site (logo, navigation, social media links, phone number, login, and chat links) should remain placed as is or generally as is (similar location).
- We want to have an slider at the top which rotates images (images and text is just placeholder text right now). We may or may not opt to use the slider to start, but would like to provision for it, as demonstrated at the top of the page.
- We want to have a place for three content areas on the right hand side. This we will change month to month based on our own promotions for our products (meal planner, ebooks, etc). The developer just filled it with "Free ebook" text, but that is not what we will have there and is just placeholders for now.
- The tabs for the main content area say "Our Meal Plans", "Automatic Meal Planning", "Ultimate Control" right now, but these too are just placeholders, and we may not opt to use tabs to start.
- The layout/placement of the footer and footer links should remain as shown in the http://office.noviden.biz:8082/html/index.html site.
- The site design needs to be able to adapt to mobile devices using the existing http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/ framework. Ideally we don't want to have to recode a lot of the code the developer used, though we don't want to restrict your design freedom too much either.
Our goal is a unique design that makes the site stand out and be exciting.