Love his designs. Focus on his work, and deliver quality. He has earned my trust and gain himself a longterm customer.
How Camay29 started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Handwriting Help specializes in teaching children ages 4 through 12 years how to learn and remediate their handwriting skills in the Northern Virginia / DC Metropolitan area. There are many underlying reasons why a child may not be able to hold a crayon, draw a shape, draw a person or write a paragraph in school. For example, children may have weak fine motor skills or poor letter formation that affect their legibility, their ability to communicate their ideas in school and affect their self esteem. I am a school occupational therapist and a national handwriting presenter knowledgeable about handwriting development, parent education, and teacher consultation. My goal is to teach a child the life long skill of handwriting.
Other private occupational therapists / handwriting tutors are advertising with personal websites such as:
1. http://www.listenrightshinebright.com - (Kimberly Wiggins, OT) - I like her Opening page & disclaimer & camp flyer info. Also want HWT Level 1 Certification logo. Love her calendar of her events.
On a side note, the next 2 websites are ones that should be linnked to my website (I also work for these companies)
- http://www.hwtears.com - I am listed as a "handwriting specialist" and national workshop presenter ---Love the image of Children writing on CHALKBOARDS. I use all of these company's materials.
- http://www.writehererightnow.com - I am listed as a consultant (Overall elegant but boring website)
1. Homepage: My info (bio, credentials), Private Handwriting Tutor and National Presenter for Handwriting Without Tears company, Possible professional picture, Contact information
2. Pricing/Payment information, List of services (student evaluations, handwriting sessions, presentations) with hopefully handwriting samples, positive parent/presentation attendees' comments & Photos of students engaged or involved (with parental permission. And/Or examples of poor writing to improve writing, as well as poor pencil grasps.
3. Parent Page for Home Ideas & Recommended Reading List, as well as a format to Direct parents to additional websites (or links) to purchase therapy recommendations. (Reference page)
4. BIGGEST GOAL: *If possible: Monthly calendar of my working schedule and my availability. I'd like parents and potentials customers to be able to view my schedule and contact me to schedule sessions, thus, reducing my # of emails and simplifying my workload. For example, I will have a handwriting camp in the middle of July. Parents can view my calendar. PLUS I'd like Pay Pal link if possible (not mandatory).
1. Website design should be visually bright & child-friendly looking (like a Kindergarten or First grade bulletin board) without a lot of visual clutter. Easy to maneuver between pages and Easy to contact me through email. 2. Communication with parents, parent education, and home carry-over of my sessions are essential for student success. I am serious about my work; the parents need to be committed with their child struggling with handwriting or fine motor skills. My sessions are fun and engaging and developmentally appropriate. 3. Website will be designed for parents seeking help for children ranging from 4 to 12 year olds with pre-writing, print, or cursive needs.
- Would love a PayPal link/payment system for parents to pay me after tutoring sessions.