Here is a draft.
HandsforScience Visual & HTML Design Project
staging.handsforscience.org is the web site for the non-profit HandsforScience (H4S). H4S helps elementary school teachers do hands-on, science activities.
* curriculum developer: Uses the Activities tab to enter activities.
* school administrator: Gets excited enough to allow the program into his classrooms.
* teacher: Teaches the activities.
* volunteer aide: Acquires materials. Sets up activity and cleans up afterward.
* donor: Gets excited enough to donate money, materials, or volunteers.
* The temporary site uses jqueryui because we do not have a visual designer.
* The site has not been launched which is why it is hosted at staging.handsforscience.org instead of www.
* The photos are stock images.
* The attached logo is the result of a 99designs contest.
hands-on activities (webapp)
* Create a unique look.
* Navigation should be flexible enough to allow changes.
* Site should load rapidly.
* Activity pages like http://staging.handsforscience.org/…000100000f should look nice when printed.
* No pull-down menus.
* Though the current site uses a left nav for marketing content, this is not a requirement.
files attached logo, you can peel off words and put to the side if necessary