I run a content site and my primary income is derived fromÂ…
- Selling downloadable products (both my own and affiliate products)
(ItÂ’s close to a 50/50 split between adsense and product sales)
IÂ’m getting a lot of traffic, but IÂ’m not converting enough of the visitors to either of the above actions as much as IÂ’d like to. IÂ’m hopeful that this site redesign will help to fix that.
My goals are:
1. Increase AdSense clickthroughs
2. Increase product sales
Desired Color Scheme:
Match my site's current logo.
Clear, easy to navigate, but at the same time mysterious and cool - representative of MODERN magic (not the tux and top-hat type magician. More like Criss Angel, David Blaine, ellusionist.com, etc.)
Accepted File Formats:
.PSD, .jpg, .gif, .tif
SPECIFICATIONS FOR SITE REDESIGN (TheMagicTeacher.com):
- First, consider that the content is dynamically generated by a CMS (The CMS is ArticleLive by Interspire). So the design must be flexible enough to allow for the different content, while still maintaining a coherent and consistent look.
- My target market is teenage and pre-teen boys.
- Also, wherever there is body copy, I would like black text on a white background so it is easiest to read for my visitors. No exceptions. (Any text besides the body copy is fair game for whatever colors look best.)
- A VERY high priority is that I want the Categories to be MUCH more noticeable. (Free Card Tricks, Free Coin Tricks, Free Street Magic Tricks, etc.) Those are the links I want people clicking on but right now, theyre buried. This will help with BOTH AdSense and product sales. Dont change the textjust make the section more noticeable. (ie Move it to a better spot, change the colors, or whateveryoure the expert!)
- In the main section of the home page should have Featured Articles above the fold, but Recent Blogs a little lower.
- Integrate the logo into the header (FYI - Im considering a logo re-design. The concept will remain the same, but I want the logo to be more professionally done.)
- Keep the search feature.
- The links must be text and flexible. (Links may change) Roll-overs are fine.