We are looking for a responsive design (see inspirations) with a completely new look that displays a clean, sleek and icon/graphic heavy style. We want something with a very modern feel to it. As a startup in a completely unique model, we have to explain what we do very well and leave the users thinking, "Wow. I didn't know you could do this!" Think...how would I explain the process of eBay plus eTrade...
Our site doesn't have a lot of content (right now) so we want the site to exhibit a sense of activity and options to "mask this". Call-to-actions and flow to generate buyer/seller leads are important.
Our current site is hosted on Wordpress so we will need the site to be compatible with this.
Last note, we will definitely work further with the winning designer(s)! We are also looking to create numerous marketing collateral to go along with the new website. Trust me, we have endless design projects after this one :)
1) Introduction to company to Inform users of Who We Are, What We Do and How We Do It
2) Divide buyers and sellers into separate areas of the site
Here are the elements of this page to include (in no particular order):
1) Impactful Top Section with Call to Action and potentially space for a video (Example: https://www.moven.com/ or https://www.waveapps.com/ or http://www.shopify.com/)
2) Call to Actions to Divide Buyers and Sellers (Example: Scroll down towards the bottom where it divides "Music Makers" and "Music Professionals")
3) Section to preview the new auctions, featured auctions and/or sold auctions. (Example: http://www.kickstarter.com/). This section will be showing activity for the buyer and seller.
4) Testimonials (Buyer and Seller)
5) Royalty Options - Buy, Sell, Advances
6) Resource Center. Even though it's not on the site right now, we are looking to become the thought leader on royalties in all industries.
7) Facts about how large royalties are in all industries. Royalties are generated in intellectual property, music, solar energy, oil/gas, pharmaceutical and many others (Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royalties)
8) Social Media Connectivity and Call to Actions
9) Detailed Footer
10) Press Logos (check site)
11) We will have a animated explainer video up top (Check out Shopify's home page for example)
This page's goal is to encourage sellers to sell their royalties (or get a royalty loan) and register on our site or request information.
These elements/themes should be in here:
1) Why Should I Sell My Royalties?
2) How Does Your Loan System work? In this area, we would want a mockup widget (Example: https://www.lendup.com/)
4) How Does it Work? Laying out the step by step process is CRUCIAL. Basically, the steps are:
- Royalty Stream Qualification
- Agree on a selling/reserve price for auction
- Put their listing up in our auction marketplace
It should be laid out visually in a simple, easy and secure fashion.
This page will be to encourage buyers to register on the site and start buying royalty streams. Include these elements/themes:
1) Why Should I Buy Royalties?
2) How Does It Work? *Like the seller page, lay out the steps
- Browse our marketplace
- Place bid
- Sign Paperwork and Finalize Deal
It should emphasize how simple, hassle free and secure this process will be.
3) Past and Current Auctions
4) Many Call to actions. (i.e. Get Started)
5) Links to Royalty Resources to learn more about royalties from all industries.
6) This should also re-emphasize that we will have listings from ALL royalty paying industries.
Auction Listing Page:
This page will focused on the buyer. Very good example for this page would be Zillow's listings (http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1…6454_zpid/) or eBay's listings (http://ow.ly/o8bz6) *A little less cluttered than these pages
1) Financial Data elements.
2) Auction Description
3) Auction Bidding Widget
4) Ability to social share auctions
5) Contact Form
6) Previews of other auctions going on and recently sold auctions
7) Slider with images for listing
8) Call to action if someone wants to sell their royalties
Industry Resources/Thought Leadership/Education Page:
We want this to be a very content-rich page to provide resources, featured articles, community discussion, FAQs, partners, videos, webinars, etc...