How fotoalbum started their web page design journey
Fotoalbum.eu is a virtual space where members can create their own online photo albums. Our goal is to provide an easy to use image sharing service where members can upload, organize and share their photos with friends and family. As we are soon re-launching our website with the addition of a new premium service we would like a rebranding of our current identity, possibly a fresh retro look.
This competition entails designing a new front page and look/identity for Fotoalbum.eu. The winner will most likely be invited to design the remaining pages of Fotoalbum.eu.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Everyone and anyone who uploads digital images or those invited to view friends and family’s images online. Our target group is therefore wide ranging, spanning from young, technology-savvy teenagers to older users with limited computer/internet experience.
As reflected in our company name, we are also a European site who prides itself on being accessible in 21 different European languages. Our target group therefore is largely, but not exclusively European (important note: we are not a European Union site!).
1) A complete redesign of our front page
2) Possible redesign of our logo as well (we kinda like the current one - but feel free to prove us wrong by making an even nicer one)
•More professional and bold image to our members and visitors.
• A simple and uncluttered look.
• A warm and friendly feeling (perhaps a bit retro).
• Colour scheme: Must be optimal in context to photographs. A combination of black, white and a brighter colour/s to lift the mood.
Please see comment box for examples of websites we like.
Front page specifications:
• Company logo: Needs to be included, redesign optional.
• Top banner is optional. We do not necessarily require this on the front
page. However, if included, it must be able to be used on other pages. Google tool bar no longer needed.
• Drop down language box so our customers can choose which language they would like to view the site in.
• Promo feature: New feature (list/slideshow/animation) promoting ourselves and the free membership option.
• Images: We would like to show example images on rotation. The number/size of images presented is your choice.
• Registering: visitors must be able to sign up directly on the front page
• Login feature: either as box or as link
• Example feature: clearly visible and accessible
• Abbreviated language options
NB: Scrolling should not be needed on front page.
Please focus only on the front page. We are looking forward to your entries!