ESCAPEER.COM PROTO-TYPE: http://www.faceyspacey.com/misc/Esc…mepage.jpg
ESCAPEER.COM LOGO: http://faceyspacey.com/misc/logos.zip
THE ONLY REQUIREMENT IS THAT WE KEEP THE LOGO AND A SEARCH BOX SIMILAR TO WHAT WE HAVE!
EVERYTHING ELSE IS UP FOR YOU INTERPRETATION--just make it hot and related to OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES with a Web 2.0 Feel. And when I say "Outdoor Activities," try to make a perfect mix of water sports + ground sports without using stock photos (or very minimal photography). I want a Web 2.0 setting with icons and graphics that SYMBOLIZE Wave in the Ocean + Something similar that SYMBOLIZES "Turf," and by turf, think about a sport that beats up the grass and the soil/dirt beneath it. I would love to see a wave melded together with dirt and grass being kicked up from the ground. BUT don't think that you're limited to Blue and Green or these ideas. You only need Blue--you can use orange if you want as the secondary color, or just a light version of blue. Or you could really come up with something totally different for colors. Think of those just as ideas--the only requirements are the logo and search box.
...So make the above Proto-type SUPER DUPER Web 2.0. I list all the sites we like on the bottom of this. Otherwise, do whatever the hell you want to do. We do need a search box, but we don't really need anything else at all. It's a Web 2.0 Style site (think bubbly blue + Pandora.com) and it needs to communicate the following: "adventurous," "out-doors," "water sports," "vacation," "cutting edge web 2.0," "travel," "dirt," "green + plans."
If you've done one of my design contests before, you know the deal: I give tons and tons of feedback and I'm always available to help you win. If I see someone really starting to get what we want, I make myself extremely available and guide you throughout your work day. I'm always online, and I always have work for you in the future if you nail this. Here's my Web 2.0 development firm, just to get an idea of who I am and what I do: http://FaceySpacey.com and heres my g-chat: firstname.lastname@example.org
AND IF YOU REALLY WANT A LOT OF IDEAS: go here: http://www.go2web20.net/ and select the "Travel" tag (after clicking "tags") Feel free to browse through all those sites featured there--that's the sort of stuff I like.
LASTLY, CHECK MY OLD DESIGN CONTESTS TO SEE WHAT SORT OF STUFF I LIKE!!!! I'm only looking for Web 2.0 Masterminds--those will be the people that win.
SITES WE LIKE:
* Make the best version of that, and feel free to make 123 signup type of thing like http://bluecastwmm.com or even http://twitter.com
* or go for something googlesque minimalistic like: http://pandora.com/
* Or get all apple with it: http://www.apple.com/itunes/overview/
* http://Myspace.com -- the site looks very crisp since its redesign.
Oh, and for anyone that reads, here's an idea of something cool to do:
Create silhouettes of real photos (e.g. a guy doing a wheely on abike) where the front wheel of the dirt bike goes outside of a boxarea, and on the side of the box area, his helmet sticks out of the box. Ya feel me! Then, there's a guy surfing with his surf board hanging outside of another box area, and a silhouettes of a wave doing the same thing. And of course, these are all nicely textured silhouettes. Read my feedback to design #10. I say this same thing in reference to the 3 boxes he has in his design. I've always imagined 2, 3 or 4 boxes with stuff happening in it, where pictures are morphed into sillhouettes that stick outside of the box area and connect sometimes too.
- possibly a site that's taller than the provided prototype. It would be nice to have some sort of feed of activity from users. This is a socially oriented site as well, and I would like to convey activity somehow.
- Make the best version of that, and feel free to make 123 signup type of thing like bluecastwmm.com or even twitter.com
- or go for something googlesque minimalistic like: http://pandora.com/
- Or get all apple with it: http://www.apple.com/itunes/overview/
- Myspace.com -- the site looks very crisp since its redesign.