We're a non-profit community site for photographers/models with the darker sense of beauty. We need a new, more professional design/layout for our site.
We work on a new version of the site and need a new look for it.
New design should look more professional (but not corporate or too web 2.0), it should be lightweight and stylish. People who uses site are mostly experienced photographers/models so they have a good eyes for beauty and style. For the same reasons, main colors should be black, various shades of grey, white, with a few catchy red elements. It's a virtual portfolio for a fine art after all, so design shouldn't be distracting. Also, keep in mind that the site is all about human (mostly female) body beauty and most of our authors are 20-30.
Please see the current design first. Most elements will remain on the page, although they could be relocated as you please.
Changes are:- there'll be more categories of art
- and because of that, maybe it's better to exclude the counts of photos in each category, so that general community info could be relocated anywhere and perhaps more emphasized
- news will be shown as a list with titles, author names and creation date (similar to latest forum posts)
- latest journal entries should be on the main page as well, with the same idea: only titles, author names, and creation date
The main idea now is to create some front page, which should also act as a template page. We'd also need various interface elements like lists, forms, galleries, icons etc. but this contest is about front page. Also, there's another contest going on, about logo: http://99designs.com/contests/13988, at this point you may consider there's no logo and now any text logo with fitting font will do.
We also don't expect you to create new icon set, but you're free to throw out any of them. The exception is probably members icons, we need them redone later so that they'd fit the new design better and had two variations: for showing if member online or offline.
We created test spectator account: demo / password, so you could see how things look for registered users. Interface for photographer / model members is actually more complicated but not on a front page. Just keep in mind that main menu could be a little bigger.
We also realize that the prize for this task in probably insane but as I said before, we're non-profit community and there won't be even ads on the site. You may consider this contest as a tender, because we will definitely need more design later.
And we don't need coding, only PSD.
- colors are: black, shades of grey, white and some red elements
- new design should be more professional and stylish: thinned lines, pleasant gradients, etc.
- design should be with flexible width, as it is now
- try to avoid too much web 2.0 elements, wet floors aren't that cool anymore