We need a design/template for a splash page and for the first page after a user logs in (a â€˜customer interfaceâ€™ page). $100 bonus if the winning design can be delivered in CSS/HTML. We will likely invite the winner to design other aspects of the site as well.
Make one up, if you want one.
Desired Color Scheme:
clean, professional (but not too corporate), functional web 2.0
Accepted File Formats:
Layered Formats (.psd or .tiff)
First, some background: We provide text message (SMS) alerts to customers when there are potentially dangerous events in their region/country, such as natural disasters (earthquakes, tsunamis, etc), political unrest, terrorist events, severe weather warning, etc. Our customers are both travelers and people who subscribe to the alerts for their home city/region. We have plans for individuals, for groups, and for whole companies.
you can see our logo at http://www.warningtxt.marklurie.com/warningtxtÂ
We need two related designs/templates. The first is for our splash page, which users see when they first visit the site. The second is our Customer Interface, which customers see after they log in. We want the design themes for these two pages to be very closely aligned because, after all, itâ€™s the same site. Feel free to submit only the â€˜splash pageâ€™ at first. If we like your design a lot, weâ€™ll invite you to submit the customer interface page as well.
The Splash Page should probably have the following elements,
- A Login box
- A â€˜Subscribeâ€™ button
- A Place for the description/explanation of service. If you want to create a visual of some sort that helps explain the service, or use stock photos (along with, not instead of, the text), feel free.
- Place for recent news about our company/service
- Examples of recent alerts or a ticker-tape.The Customer Interface should have,
- Four tabs/nav-links, with what will probably (but not certainly) be â€˜Homeâ€™, â€˜Your Alerts, â€˜Your Infoâ€™ and â€˜Billingâ€™.
- As an example of what these mean, the â€˜Homeâ€™ tab might contain a list of the customerâ€™s recent alerts, news about the service and a box to leave feedback in. The â€˜Your Infoâ€™ tab might just be a form so a user can update their name, email, password etc.Desired Style:
We have a preference for simple, functional websites in the â€˜Web 2.0â€™ style. Note, however, that we are a product site rather than a content site, so we do want some design elements that are more attention grabbing. We want a professional, but not too corporate feel. Sites we like are: globalrescue.com, 4info.net, red24.info (competitor), brring.com, 37signals.com, intelliguide.com (competitor), experience.com.
You can see the logo we will use at http://www.warningtxt.marklurie.com/warningtxt. This logo can be used as a . If you want to tweak the logo for your design concept, though, feel free.
- Our website will incorporate little or no Flash or other plugin-related web technology.
- Whether you can code CSS/HTML or are submitting un-coded designs (and we have no preference between the two), the website must be buildable to be compatible with all modern Mac and PC browsers.Website Size
- The design should be no more than 760 pixels wide (so that our website will fit comfortably in web browsers on monitors using 800 by 600 pixels).
- Some thought should be given to the fact that only the first 500 vertical pixels will be viewable by such visitors before they have to scroll down, so a significant amount of navigation and content should fit above the 500 pixel â€œfold"