As noted above: THE WINNER OF THIS PROJECT WILL ALSO BE HIRED TO WORK ON OUR OTHER 3 LANDING PAGES.
Key things for us: we like to keep the page simple (we like current color styling, we just need to improve it) and consistent with our luxury brand. This is more of a "refresh" rather than a complete overhaul of the page.
Here's a sample of our current Buyers Page: https://my.houstonproperties.com/ho…ivity/?new
Key design elements that matter the most for us:
1. WRAPPER: This includes the basic navigation, header, and footer elements. The problems with the current wrapper include:
- The CSS elements are all very code heavy and convoluted. We want everything to be tied together, which is why we're starting with a new design.
- The current header looks clean and it works, but there's a lot of wasted space and we can improve how they all go together (specially on mobile)
- We don't even have the footer here. As you can see, the footer section is missing. We'll need to add the footer items (starting at "Why We're Different" section to the bottom) here: https://homes.houstonproperties.com…-29221804/. Obviously the styling has to be updated to fit the new design of theme of the Buyer Page.
2. PROPERTY PREVIEW: This is the property view on the left side of the current Buyers Page. A good designer can easily spot the issues here (specially after reviewing the models), but to highlight a few things:
- Usability: User can't easily see "arrow" icons; it's not obvious that it's a preview (user can click on the image or address and open the full property page); the layout of the details (address, beds, baths, price, etc) is bad; it's not immediately obvious that each property represents an icon on the map to the right; it's not immediately obvious that each property has a status (Active, Sold, Under Contract, etc)
- Text layout: We've got inconsistent fonts. There's also a lot of wasted space.
- Photos: It should be easy for users to view the photos without leaving the page. This can either be solved by a better photo scrollability OR a proper Photo view option like in the Redfin model.
3. MAP VIEW: Map is hard to navigate, buttons are problematic. Issues include:
- "View-ability": Currently map takes up about 40% of the page. We'd like a better solution, either make it 50% (like Redfin) or make it bigger, like 60% of the screen (like Zillow).
- Navigation: Currently users can only zoom in and out of the map. We'd like to integrate the filters (the buttons below the map) better. The goal is for these filters to be an on-off toggle for the icons they represent above, so it needs to be an integral part of the design (make it more obvious that they serve a key function).
4. CHAT: The chat feature is clunky. Issues include:
- The floating button needs better design. The goal is for the "bubble" icon to appear above an agent's picture (samples: https://snapengage.com/live-chat-features/ and https://www.contactatonce.com/real-estate/)
- Chat interface: Current chat feature has a clunky messaging feature (typing window too small) and it's hard to review historical messages. Need this to be more intuitive and similar to more commonly used messaging windows (like ios SMS, FB Messenger, Skype) without removing the current details.
5. MOBILE RESPONSIVENESS: We need a better solution to the current mobile optimization. Please open current Buyers Page on mobile. Issues include:
- Above-the-fold view: Currently we have the map view as default, and it's not immediately obvious to users what they can do after landing on the page. Redfin might have a better solution, please check the mobile link by mobile.
- Map / List Toggle View: Current button is ugly, and not intuitive. Need to make this very easy to use and obvious to user. Again, Redfin might have superior solution.
- Property View: Lots of wasted spaces and broken layout. A better solution might to have the text overlaid on the image to maximize phone screen space (again, check Redfin for this).
NOTE: The models / sample pages have a lot of features and tools that you might want to add to the new design. Please do NOT do so. We would like to improve on the current Buyers Page, the new features we'll add much later on. For now, the focus is on what's currently on the page and elements listed above.
For example, the model pages have a search bar in their header, we don't. Do NOT add this. We can add simple updates (like a toggle view for photos and details in the Property view) to solve the issues above, bit we are NOT looking to add new tools and features. The models / samples pages are there mostly as design inspirations.