Deliverable (one page mockup) should include three parts:
1. A unique, modern way to visualize the relationship between analytics engine (which is combined main-node + hadoop nodes) and readers in a cluster. A user can have multiple clusters of it.
*** See more information about clusters below.
*** See basic wireframe of this section attached.
2. Nice alert/event timeline on dashboard so that an admin knows all actions he needs to take.
*** Alerts will be divided into 3 kinds of severity so we need to highlight that by icon or by using different color shades.
3. Provide/suggest ways to show these statistics for various components of systems. It could be as popup text, numbers, simple bar charts.
*** The components and statistics we would like to show are:
- number of alarms for the node
- time series or aggregated data for CPU, memory, os disk, data disk.
If some information is shown after an interaction, you can just provide mockups of before and after state.
As part of this task, we want to provide a new landing page like a dashboard showing relationships among the systems and their current infrastructure statistics. On a high level, one can assume this as a dashboard to get current state of the whole infrastructure. Infrastructure can be defined as collection of clusters.
* Each component of cluster is called node. So reader, writer, main-node, hadoop-node etc are all nodes.
* Each cluster contains one more more readers.
* Every reader then streams its data to one analytics group
* Analytics group contains one parent node (called main-node) and 4 child nodes (called hadoop-node)
* A customer can have one more clusters
At minimum, we want to always show the following information for each element. For this data, the user does not have to do any special kind of hovering or clicking of items.
Status (up or down)
Last heard from