The goal of the home page is to attract Trader Joe's fans who appreciate good food and want easy recipes. Trader Joe's is a grocery store in the USA that is very popular! They are different from other supermarkets because FUN is their theme. Their workers wear Hawaiian shirts, they always have music playing, and their signs have colorful Hawaiian or pirate theme drawings. We want users to know that our recipes are easy, healthy, and FUN (not a chore)!
The homepage should introduce what we do as well as direct them to search or browse recipes. These are the primary tasks we want the user to easily do:
1. Learn what we do. Header should have our flower icon on the left (or it can be modified if you like), headline "Cooking with Trader Joe's" prominently shown in Houndcats font, and tagline in small plain text beneath headline "Easy and healthy Trader Joe's recipes".
2. Search. If this can go in the header, great. If not, find another good place for it.
3. Browse recipes by category (left column sidebar)
4. Sign in with username/pwd or login with Facebook. If user doesn't have an account, click on "Sign Up for Free!"
5. View featured recipe as well as top-rated recipes that have thumbnails, ratings, and descriptions
6. Click social media icons
7. Sign up for our newsletter
8. View ads on both left and right columns. Some will be regular ads, others will be cover images of our cookbooks.