Website Redesign Criteria – Write Speak Sell
DESIGN MUST be done for a WordPress platform. Do not need responsive design for mobile viewing. 12 point sans serif typeface for copy. San serif typeface for blog post headlines (proportionate size to content type face).
- Keep red as primary color but not so dominant
- Keep existing logo and tagline “Profit from business writing that sells”
- 1100 pixels wide (total). Include one right sidebar, 360 pixels wide.
- Excerpts from four latest blog posts as shown on current website
- My three primary service offerings, as shown in the top 3 widgets on current site, are Blogs and Social Media, Employee Engagement, Branding. I want these to stand out but not necessarily where the widgets are now. Possibly cut down content under the headers for these widgets/sections and keep “read more here.” Need to be above the fold.
- search box
- subscription box (smaller and new incentive “Repairing the Elevator Speech to Burnish Your Personal Brand”)
- social media icons that people can click and go to my social media networks (as on current website)
- social media share bar across the bottom of each excerpt
- About Jeannette Paladino
- Recent posts
- Contact us today (footer)
- Keep all tabs
- The home page side bar should repeat as it does on current website. Need template so I can create the content in the left main section of the page as shown on current website for additional pages.
I have not located any websites that I thought were fabulous. I'd like a nice clean look. A softer background. However, I'm in marketing and communications so I want the site to be impactful. Right now the red is too dominant but I don't want a wishy-washy, dull site either. I did list one website below. But I'm not sure it will be that helpful in creating a design for my site.