My wife and I are psychologists and long term marketing consultants to both the Fortune 500 and small business. You can read more about us on http://www.RocketClicks.com/About.htm
The current project bridges both our psychology and marketing background. You can see the existing blog (which will NOT be redesigned - this request is for landing page options CONSISTENT with the design seen here) at:
Comprised almost entirely of Educated, Caucasian women aged 25+, with an interest which increases with age and peaks around 50 years old.
Fed up with dieting, and are antagonistic to bold claims of fast weight loss. Rather, they seek an alternative, more nurturing and introspective approach.
Other important benefits they desire include:
- Discover more satisfying food choices which feed your hunger and your soul
- Find non-food alternatives which feel just as good as junk food
- Enjoy guilt-free/stress-free eating
- Stop yo-yo dieting
- Understand your personal "emotional food logic" and personal food triggers (the root causes of your emotional eating)
- Solidify your emotional center
- Experience a cascade of other positive effects (they believe taking care of themselves with food will lead them to take better care in all other areas of life)
IMPORTANT NOTE: I've described the audience's desires in detail for you in order to put you in their shoes. However, please know they don't respond to pictures of food, scales, women with tape measures, etc. Rather, they respond to a nurturing and authoritative presence, which is why we designed the blog as we did.
Our single most important successful competitor is http://www.ShrinkYourself.com
OUR blog (the one we need the landing page to be consistent with) is:
http://www.EmotionalEatingTips.com (content not yet inserted)
Landing page CONSISTENT with site:
- Easily Editable NAV Bar. NO graphics for mouseover or select
- Flexible space for headline and sub-headline. Logo and headline from blog will NOT be used. Allow us to freely edit this text.
- NO FORM on page. Instead use stylized "Get Started Now" image (which we'll hyperlink to a 2nd page). Must be able to easily "comment out" or replace this image so can use same template for 2nd page
- Podcast and RSS buttons MUCH less prominent (avoid distracting from "Get Started Now")
- Logo NOT incorporated on landing page
- Picture SHOULD be incorporated (we like how it draws attention to the action space in the blog, and this is a "relationship" market). High res here:
- Incorporate a VIDEO graphic container to induce action button click. (Must be able to suppress container when using page for text only). "Get Started Now" image should appear near container
- NOTE: Requirements for video are for the graphics to "hold" it only, nothing technical is required.
- Plenty of space for body copy (NOTE: in contrast to blog!)
- REQUIRE the proof elements (media listings you see of the blog), though we're open to alternative layouts
- Reasonably fast loading
- Ask me questions :-)