I am looking to have the "above the fold" marketing section of our homepage redesigned to be more catchy to users. It must fit into our web 2.0 template design and incorporate several specific content elements
TheArtList.com - Opportunities for Visual Artists & Photographers
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I am interested in applying a fresh look or a different approach to our marketing section which is located below the header and above the general homepage content. The website targets two specific groups at the same time. 1) art galleries and organizations for submitting their art event announcements (content publisher) , and artists and photographers who are searching for these events to enter (viewers). For the artists, there are both free and premium paid ($29/yr) membership levels not currently reflected in the existing site. I am looking for a clean, concise display of the message that will entice both types of users to sign up on the site.
- clean, crisp, light web 2.0 design elements that incorporate colors and layouts of content to compliment the existing website template design. I think that the existing marketing section is too blocky and design and marketing message is too confusing.
- Design must include the following elements: A brief keyword statement about what TheArtList.com is/does
- Section for Artists - explaining about searching for art opportunities - entice to join the site
- Section for Art Galleries about submitting their announcements to artists
- An Artist of the Month showcase, image, name, location, link to AOM page - entice to join the site
- Listing of current awards amounts.
- Maybe add in a testimonial or two
- There is not alot of space here and the main focus is obviously on getting artists and art galleries to register on the website.
- I believe that less is more but I just haven't been able to present this in a way that works