How Open Heart Threads started their t-shirt journey
I'm having 600 men's bamboo shirts made for my new company based on creating bamboo shirts with messages about how we're all connected and living the moment.
Open Heart Threads
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
In addition to paying you $200, I want to give the winner one of the bamboo shirts, whatever color and size he or she wants. Half of the shirts will be a light grey, and half will be a dark grey. If you need the Pantone Home and Fashion color designations, just let me know. I would like to limit the artwork to three colors, but if someone submits something that's perfect with four colors, I'll go with it. The artwork will be printed on the shirts with screen printing, and the size limit is 14 inches. The woman's shirt artwork starts in the lower left of the shirt and wraps around the woman's left torso and ends on the lower middle of the shirt. Instead of artwork that goes on the front center of the shirt, I would prefer the men's artwork to wrap also or be on the back of the shirt. The shirts will be sold in yoga studios, outdoor stores, and at festivals like the Boulder Creek Festival. If you know Michael Franti's music, you could expect the winning design to be on a shirt sold at his concerts. Hope this makes sense. I'm trying to give you as much info as possible, so it's easier for you the match the brand. Feel free to send me any questions you might have.
- Text saying something about love, awareness, how we're all connected, living the moment, etc.
- max of four colors
- size limit of fourteen inches
- The artwork and text can also convey an environmental message about how we are connected to the earth.
- If it works for the theme, I wouldn't mind a heart being included in the design. I don't mean a big heart. Just something small...almost hidden yet present. The winning piece could also include a tree or something natural.
- If this site allows me to do so, I will try to post the woman's artwork, so you have an idea of what the girls' shirts look like. It's a long tree limb with a fictitious bird on it and a naked woman upside down climbing the tree with the words, "Live This Moment" in red on the limb that she's climbing.
- I don't want some artwork conveying something about loving another person, man or woman. In other words, nothing cheesy. We're looking for something meaningful, but it can be lighthearted too. The purpose of the artwork is to convey messages of awareness about life and how we're all in this together.