Absolutely loved all the ideas that came in, and running the competition blind was a fantastic idea. The decision itself took over a day to decide! So many thanks to everyone who participated, I got a design more impressive than my own imagination :)
She is an excellent designer! Very reactive and makes changes with no problems. A pleasure to work with and I definitely recommend her talents. Merci!
Great designer! Fast edits, superb design, awesome experience overall.
Yay Juan! Thanks again!
Great design. I like that we are now building a coorporate design together.
How avraj.bhachu started their product packaging journey
Dark background, not loud but provides the impression of quality.
Tries to meet in the middle between vibrancy (colours) and professionalism.
What colors do you want to see in your design?
Other color requirements
Vibrant colours to bring out the spirit of Africa!
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Marketed as the first truly artisan, African produced coffee (roasted). I don't believe that there is enough focus on finding true flavour of coffee beans for African coffee beans as they taste so good, so i will be looking at doing an intense product development in order to identify the perfect flavour.
The final product will be different packaging concepts for single origin roasts and blend roasts.
Description of the product target audience
Age: 18-75 (mostly coffee enthusiasts), not gender specific
Income: effectively, the product will sell for £15/kg (scaled based on g)
I want this package to bring out a luxury product, hand crafted from Africa (birthplace of Kenya).
• Package background = white/light colour.
• FRONT: Subtle colour scheme, ideally with a picture of an Acacia Tree and a giraffe/lion or African animal. The colour blend can be red, green, black (Kenya flag) but orange can also be included
• FRONT: The Logo should be featured on the front (Kabisa Kahawa, attached) in its original colours Green and Brown. In addition, the words ‘Hand Crafted, Artisan African Coffee should fall underneath the logo’. The logo should stand out.
• THEME: The theme is heritage and luxury (artisan) feel coffee, the colours need to represent a product that has been carefully hand crafted, and is not wholesale or done in bulk.
• BACK: This will have a description of the mission statement (which will be finalised at a later stage after the packaging is completed) – but should include the Specialty Coffee Association of Europe logo (attached) as the company will be an active member.
• BACK: The coffee will all be sourced ethically and organically. I would like a logo (any small design) to reflect those words and also fall on the back of the package.
What to avoid
Colours that are too overpowering. Standard words such as 'AFRICAN ROASTED COFFEE' which depict it as a standard coffee. It needs to represented hand crafted effort.
Company Logo - MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE DESIGN
Concept 3 - i love the blend of colours here, and the design really does look impressive.
SCAE Logo - MUST APPEAR ON THE BACK OF THE PRODUCT
Coffee will be sourced organically and ethically - MUST INCLUDE THOSE WORDS IN ANY SIGN (Sample type here) ON THE PACKAGING