We need to create a package for a Fried Lotus Seed Snack product. The product will be sold in grocery stores and convenience stores in North America. We do not currently have a Logo for our brand name "Ben Tahn Market", so this is part Logo design / part package design.
Lotus seed product:
- The product is similar to a peanut in size, but it isn't as dense as a peanut or any nut. It is more airy than a nut, and also crispier. It comes in a few different flavors, some of which will be using local asian spices rarely tasted by Americans. One or two of the flavors will be more mainstream (such as salt & pepper).
- The package will be similar material to that of a potato chip bag. it is plastic on the outside, and thinly metalized on the inside, so the material will not be transparent.
- The package will come in two sizes - large and small.
- Small: The small size will be about the same size as a grab-n-go plastic package of peanuts (50 grams). It will hang from a rack, so will have a small hole in the top are of the package.
- Large: The large package will be about the same size as standard size bag of Lays Potato Chips. It will also have a whole in the top, but will also have a plastic ziplock function right below the hole. So, there will be more space at the top of this bag.
***Please design for the smaller package
***Please let me know if you would like exact size information of the package.
Requirements for design:
- Have a clean, simply designed, but also playful / fun package.
- Incorporate some of the bright fun colors found in Vietnam (see Mood Board 4.ppt for examples of the fun colors)
- Make the package represent the Product attributes (See Mood Board 4, slide 2)
- Include the brand name "Ben Tahn Market" on the package
- Include the words Lotus Seeds
- Include the words "Oh Mai", which is the flavor.
- Allow the flavor of this snack to be easily distinguished by the packages color. Since the package will be re-used for other flavors of the same Lotus Seed product, make this Flavor distinguishable by a color. It should be easy to change that color to account for a different flavor. For example, the Spicy flavor might have Red coloring across the bottom of the package, but the Salt and Pepper flavor has Black which replaces the Red.
- Incorporate a real photo of the seeds on the front of the package.
I will provide a few photos of the lotus seeds that can be used on the front of the package (these will be provided within a few days). I am open to suggestion as to which photo to use, but the scale of the photo should not be too unrealistic. For example, the seeds should not be too much larger in the photo than they are in real life.
- Design the smaller package (approx 90 cm Wide by 135 cm tall) (these measurements are a guestimate, so please let me know if exact measurements would help)
Where you're free to use your creativity:
- This package should make people feel very curious and pique their interest. Feel free to incorporate some thing or some playful design on either on directly package as a standalone object, or maybe integrated into the Brand name "Ben Tanh Market"
- Please no use of the actual lotus flower, but I'm open to other reminders of the lotus plant itself, which has a unique look.
- As long as the overall package is not too busy, I'm open to any crazy thought on something to make it more playful and fun.