PLEASE READ FIRST CAREFULLY!
This contest is for one of our products from our range. Once this contest is over, we will be commissioning more work from the winner to apply the design to the rest of our products:
Falafel 1kg (same product as this contest, just different size)
Falafel Cooked 500g & 1kg
Pumpkin Chickpea Kebbe 770g
Haloumi Pastry 500g
Samboosik Pastry 500g
The winning design from this contest will be used as a base template to design the rest of the products. Basic changes will include colours, text etc but the layout across the products will stay the same so our products will be recognised as one brand/company. Please message me a quote for the extra work that will be commissioned as this will play a part in our decision making for the current contest.
This contest is for our first product Falafel.
We will be printing on clear poly bags that are freezer grade. We will not be using pouch bags. Please keep this in mind as a few examples attached are pouch bags, but they have been used as an example for aspects of the graphic design that we like, not that it is in a pouch. Our packaging will be sealed using a heat sealer.
1)Logo (see attached)
2)Product name: Falafel. Also add description for the product 'A blend of activated chickpeas, fava beans, fresh herbs and spices'.
3)Packaging size: 500g
4)We want a clear window section just at the front so consumers can see the actual product inside the packaging. The clear window needs to be at least 1/3 of the packaging size. We also do not want the base of the packaging to be part of the clear window.
5)Other information to add as text:
-Made in Australia from fresh ingredients
-No artificial colours or flavours
-Eat me hot or cold
6)To be added as imagery:
-Halal: (please see image attached. Please let me know if the file quality is to printing standard).
-Daily Intake: This imagery needs to be created by the designer. Please see the file attached for daily intake, this has the government specifications for the design on pages 24,25,32,33,34,35. Please read carefully to make sure that the design is complaint.
The information to be filled in for daily intake is:
(per 96g serve)
-Energy 8700kJ: (DI) 5%
-Fat 70g: (DI) 2%
-Sat Fat: (DI) 1%
-Sugars: (DI) 2%
-Sodium: (DI) 25%
1)Nutrition, Ingredients and % Country of Origin: Please see attached file 'Falafel Raw' for all the information needed for these. The country of origin has two design layouts to choose from. We are happy for the designer to decide which one they would like to use.
Deep Fry: Cook frozen, do not thaw. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook falafels for 5mins or until cooked through*. Serve and enjoy!
*Cooking instructions are based on per serve (3 pieces). Cooking times may vary depending on your appliance.
Serve in a wrap or with dips such as hummus on a grazing table.
Just as delicious in salads and lunch boxes!
4)Product description/write up:
You’ve heard of falafel. You’ve seen falafel. You’ve even tasted falafel. BUT have you tasted OUR falafel? Packed full of ingredients you can see, we bet our fava bean that what you bite is what you get!
5)Store in Freezer
6)Barcode: 9343100000077 (please insert barcode)
7)HACCP: to be added as imagery. (please see image attached. Please let me know if the file quality is to printing standard).
Manufactured and packaged by Jannah Food
42 Gasoline Way, Craigieburn, VIC 3064
P: 03 8339 4508
Facebook: please use the facebook icon that I have attached and add the texts -'@jannahfoodfans' (Please let me know if the file quality is to printing standard)
Instagram: please use the Instagram icon that I have attached and add the texts '@jannah_food' (Please let me know if the file quality is to printing standard)
9)Image of Product: please include image of product that is attached. File is called Falafel.
10) Add: Made in Australia with fresh ingredients
UPDATE TO LOGO:
We no longer need the logo to be the focus. Our market research that we conducted on the final designs came back that the product name needed to stand out more and the logo less.
PLEASE NOTE: we would love to see sample image swatches of what other colours you would use for the other products to continue the line of packaging so we get an indication of what they would all look like side by side.
In final, we would like to be able to have a continuous relationship with our designer for any future products that we add past these 6 lines.
We need files that are suitable for social media, website, printing, flyer advertising and also so we can edit if there are any text changes we need to make (ie: ingredients)
I thank you for your time, I know my brief is long, so thank you for sticking it out. Please ask as many questions as you want as we are new to this. Looking forward to seeing your designs.
CONTEST QUALIFYING ROUND UPDATES:
Congratulations on making it to the qualifying round. Please note the following:
1) Please check the design brief to make sure that you have all the correct information on the front. Some changes have been made so please read carefully.
2) Please submit a back design of the packaging with all the correct information provided in the brief including the added image of the food. Some changes have been made so please read carefully.
3) I have updated the 'design inspiration' attachments to show the colour green shades we like. Please use these as a guide to changing the packaging green shade that you have submitted if your design does not fit in with this shade.
4) Packaging Size: please resize your packaging design to the dimensions that have been provided in the brief. I have attached the die line so you can use that as a guide. Please take note of the extra inch allocated in the die line that needs to be clear of text/design as that will be where we will be sealing the bag, so we do not want to lose the design in the seal.
5) The type of bag that we will be printing on is a LDPE Clear Printed Poly bag.
6) Please send me quotes to complete the remaining product line.
7) I will message each designer with any individual design changes we would like to see.