Persistence and diligence!!! They worked with us to make sure we were satisfied with every single detail !!!!
How laura.ruiz started their product packaging journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Medical & Pharmaceutical
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Pharma, OTC, Vaginal yeast infections (VYI):
Lagicam V has connected with young consumers through a “best friend” approach.
- Rest of competitors have a more medical/clinical approach.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Benchmark: Key competitor: Monistat, Vagistat
Secondary competitors: Canesten V
Target Audience: • Women 12+ entry point – core business 16 – 20 years SEL C, C+.
• She takes care of her personal well-being in a proactive way. Intimate health is a priority for her as it stands for their feminineness and confidence.
• She may suffer from Vaginal Infections (VYI) several times in her life, making her feel uncomfortable and affecting her daily routine.
• When that happens, she looks for a reliable and quick solution.
• She wants to relieve uncomfortable symptoms as fast as possible (itching, bad smell, discharge) but the thorough clearance of the infection is much more important; therefore, the brand she chooses must be reliable, trustworthy and effective.
• On a daily basis, she may use an intimate soap/shampoo to maintain the natural pH balance and prevent symptoms and infections.
Key Benefit: Lagicam V is the complete line that takes care of your intimate health.
Functional Benefit: Fast and effective relief of VYI & its symptoms
o Daily Hygiene: intimate hygiene and protection every day.
Emotional Benefit: Self – confident every time, everywhere
Insight: Self – confident every time, everywhere
Design Objetive: Improve current packaging to compete globally in the VYI and intimate hygiene markets.
Improve efficacy image especially vs. leading brands such as Canesten V & Monistat in the VYI segment & Lactacyd and Vagisil/Summers Eve in the intimate hygiene segment.
o Trustworthy and superior packaging should communicate expertise without being too clinical.
o Emotional connection is a key business driver.
o Feminine image should be able to talk directly to target consumer.
o Improve Lomecan V /Lagicam V logo reading
o Product benefit (symptoms relief, pharmaceutical form, and treatment duration) must be consistent and clear across portfolio.
o Lomecan “flower” icon is a must, however not the full “flowers chain”. You could propose a new flower.
Emotions we want to convey in packaging:
Our consumer should feel:
o Confident of using the right product for her specific need.
o Peace of mind of using the best product to clear the infection and protect herself in a daily way.
o “Lomecan is a trustworthy friend in which I totally rely on in those moments”.