We are looking for a bottle label and box design that can be used for all of our different supplements and that will serve as the core of the visual identity for the brand. Please start with a design for just the krill oil bottle label to save time, and once we’re on the right track we can adapt the design for the box and apply it to the spirulina.
We’ll work with the winning designer to apply the design to additional supplements.
We are also open to working with two designers if one creates a drawing style we love and another wins for their overall design.
The bottles are amber glass packers with black caps (image attached).
There are three panels on the bottle labels and four panels on the box.
This contest is focused on the front panel which should be the same or almost the same on the bottle and the box. For the other panels we just need a font and bullet style (the copy for all panels is included in attachments).
Label dimensions - 2.25 x 6.5 inches
Box dimensions - 2.5 x 2.5 x 4.5 inches
We are looking for a clean, bold, and beautiful design that communicates the high quality, naturalness, cleaness, and purity of our ingredients. Our logo is currently just a sanserif font with the word "Simple" a white plus sign in a green circle and the word "Pure" we’d like to keep the company logo simple and text based, and we’re open to whatever font or design fits best with the rest of the packaging.
Very important thing is that when a 1.5 inch picture of the bottle is viewed from 1.5 feet away all the main elements of the front panel are readable, and that when a 1.5 inch picture of the bottle is scrolling across a screen the Supplement Name/Ingredient is still readable.
Elements we’d love to see
+Light background and dark lettering
+Natural Color palette
+Accent color as a way to differentiate skus (inspired by ingredient)
+A colored drawing representing the main ingredient reminiscent of naturalist drawings or illustrations in old books. Open to ideas beyond an actual krill or spirulina if those can't be made to look good :).
+A drawing in the background that tells the story of the ingredient that is subtle and gives the background texture. For example a krill boat and snowy peaks above a bay for krill or a tropical setting and lake for spirulina.
Inspirations - This file has examples of other packaging with callout to the parts we love.
Package Copy - The text we need to see on each panel
Here are some initial thoughts after seeing initial designs:
1) This is a premium natural brand and our ingredients are much more expensive because they are organic or ethically harvested or only the top tier quality or all of the above. It is important that the label have the feel of a premium food brand. It is very important that the label does not look like a cheap store brand. The natural supplements brand NatureWise is currently doing this better than anyone you can see their packaging here - https://www.naturewise.com/collecti…upplements - but I think we can still do it better!
2) We want to use the winning packaging design as the core of our visual identity for the brand as a whole. It is therefore important that there are elements that we can build our brand off of in the design.
3) This third point is sort of a combination of the above two. It is important for us that a bottle of our supplements would look at home in someone's Instagram photo of them doing Yoga, or eating a healthy lunch. Here are a few links to the types of photos I'm talking about, imagine your bottle design in these images and ask yourself would it look out of place -
4) The "ingredient image" needs to provoke health, clean body, purity, freshness etc. I would love it if we could make a krill look like that, but I'm thinking that maybe it will always look like a cockroach of the sea. Anyways cockroaches are def the opposite of healthy, clean, pure, fresh. So if we need to go with other symbolism that's fine. NatureWise is using a clean glacier.
5) If it helps the design I'm happy to include additional text or badges on the front panel. You'll know better than I would if these elements will help us achieve the look we're going for.