We want a new brand look / packaging, INCLUDING LOGO for the Real McCoy brand in Australia. The goal is to transform / totally reposition the brand and better leverage the iconic and well known name.
Please note we are only seeking a front of pack concept at this stage. No barcode, nutritionals etc or back of pack details are required.
Real McCoy has a very limited presence in market at the moment. The existing packaging is old fashioned and cheap feeling in a serious / earnest way.
The new packaging should reposition the brand to be:
- Premium in orientation, underpinned by a sense of authenticity/realness
- More Contemporary or timeless in feel (but not ultra modern)
- Differentiated to current Australian premium brands Kettle & Red Rock Deli
- In the brand archetype sense, Innocent (with a little Jester perhaps)
We think the hierarchy between Real and McCoy should be fairly balanced. We are happy to drop "snackfood company" as well as references to "the great Australian bite" (not premium feeling).
- standard chip style packaging (ie foil bag, potential for matt)
- 150gm bag size / sharing pack
- deli style potato chip with Sea Salt flavour (ie not crinkle cut like the current pack shows).