Great to work with. Has fresh new ideas to add to any project. He is speedy and very responsive. Will continue to work with Twister on all future projects.
- ChaMond Group
How Dessert Diva started their product packaging journey
Who are you known as?
Sweet Sofia's Bakery
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Food & Drink
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Sweet Sofia’s Bakery is the consumer brand for a wholesale dessert
company. We are a USA dessert manufacturing company that creates
gourmet frozen desserts for restaurants and retailers. Our products
are well regarded for their outstanding quality, hand-crafted
preparation, and all-natural, authentic ingredients.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Create package for new No Sugar Added Cheesecake that will be sold in US
wholesale foodservice markets and select retailers.
WHAT WE NEED FROM DESIGNERS
For for this project’s purpose, you can just focus on the front design (or ideally if you
have time - front, top and sides to present a 3-D version but we really only need the front for this initial phase). Once we select a winner, we will work with that designer to finesse the packaging and work on the back of the package with more descriptive copy, nutritionals and ingredients.
• Title should be split into two lines. Top line should be ‘No Sugar Added’ (very prominent and bold). Second line should be ‘Cheesecake’
• Tagline is: ‘Authentic New York Style’
• Product beauty shot should be the focus of package. Beauty shot
image should take up half or ¾ of the package. We want people to
feel like they’re about to bite into this dessert.
• OK to crop the image so the entire plate isn’t showing, but we’d like some of the red plate showing for color purposes. Feel free to incorporate this red somewhere in your design.
• Cake slice should face left.
• Include a call-out burst or ribbon that says: ‘Gluten Free’.
• Sweet Sofia logo – not too large (shouldn’t overpower the beauty shot). Prefer it in the upper left corner but open to ideas.
• Product name font and product beauty shot should be large enough
to see behind glass of frozen desserts case.
• ‘16 PRE-CUT SLICES’ should be large and prominent on the bottom of front page
• ‘Serving Suggestion’ should be very small and somewhere near the plate (does not have to be on the plate, though that is an option).
• Bottom right copy points:
o KEEP FROZEN
o NET WT. 4.0 LBS (1814g)
• Box die lines are attached for 10” cake. Package dimensions are
10+5/32 X 3+1/8 X 10+1/8.
The first target for this design are frozen dessert category
buyers. The ultimate targets for this packaging are twofold: (1)
chefs and restaurateurs who purchase
the product for their restaurants and (2) consumers
of supermarkets/retailers who are shopping in the frozen dessert
aisles and are either looking for something new or this packaging
caught their eye and they like the value of the dessert/it looks
delicious so they put the dessert in their shopping cart.
BRAND ATTRIBUTES/IMPRESSSIONS TO COMMUNICATE
• Melt-in-your- mouth. DELICIOUS!
• Restaurant/Pastry chef quality. Superb.
• Authentic/all-natural ingredients
• Excellent value.
➢ For restaurateurs: Put this on your menu. It will be a hit with
➢ For consumers: Put this on your table. It will be a hit with your
friends and family.
GOALS TO ACHIEVE WITH NEW DESIGN
• Have client buyers give us the green light to launch this new
• Once launched: have consumers and restaurateurs try this new
• Achieve satisfactory levels of sales so product stays on shelves.
We’re open to font styling for the product name and call outs. Font
size and styling should be bold enough to see behind the freezer case
and immediately catch your eye (not too subtle...).
I'm including 3 versions of the logo. You can change the font color for 'Bakery' to gold if it makes sense for your design.
Thanks, have fun and we look forward to seeing your creativity shine