IMPORTANT: the front of the bag is one color only.
Front of bag: We will be using a hot stamp process to print on the front of our bags. This is one color only, so minimalist designs are ideal. The bag will be a craft coffee bag in color and style, so you will want to use that background brown to your advantage. See our brown/tan logo for reference as a possible color combination (although we're open to anything).
We have also uploaded a list of colors that are available; we like the Matte Brown, Matte Burgundy, and Matte Black. Again, these will be printed on a "kraft" type bag.
The front of our bag design should include:
1. Our logo.
2. Name of the farmer. There are two: Daniel, or Rosa. We have included images of our two farmers, Daniel and Rosa.
3. Image of the farmer. There are two (there will be two bags). We would like a caricature-style drawing of Daniel and Rosa each so that we are able to create a customized front of bag for each farmer (see attached photos--feel free to add a smile to their faces).
4. Coffee origin. Daniel's coffee--Creacion 2000, Peru. Rosa's Coffee - Bajo Ihuamaca, Peru.
5. "12 OZ (340 g) of ethically-sourced coffee" for product weight.
6. 100% Arabica
7. Freshly Roasted
Back of Bag:
We will be using a sticker label for the back of the bag. The back of the label should include our logo and a short write-up explaining our company. We like a modern font style; refer to our logo for inspiration on font choices.
The text should read: "The coffee trade isn't fair to farmers. Most earn less than $2,000 per year. That's why we pay a 50% bonus directly to the farmer who grew this coffee—4 times more than other "fair trade" programs.
To read Daniel's story, visit his community and order his coffee, please visit to http://www.farmersfirstcoffee.com/Daniel.
(We would like the website link to be in larger font and really stand out).
Other information to include on the back of the bag:
-Our company slogan: "The story of coffee begins with the people behind it."
-Phone Number: (800) 659-9409
-"For any questions or concerns, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We need to also have a section that isn't as small as the rest of the info on the back that has check boxes for our team to mark each bag as follows:
1. Roast type (Light, Medium, or Dark)
2. Grind: (Whole Bean or Pre-Ground)
We would like a bag that expresses the people who work hard to grow your coffee. We want to create a personal connection to the farmer through our packaging. Your creative design work can help us to tell that story!
Bag specifics: 12 oz Block Bottom Side Gusseted Bag – Kraft with Pull Zipper.
Dimensions: 5″ x 3-1/8″ x 7-7/8″
Please note that we have attached specifications for the front and back of the bag.
Front: Hot Stamp
Sides or Bottom: Empty
Label specifications: the label must leave 1/2 inch from each edge of the bag.