Excellent designer. Creative and very responsive. Willing to make as many revisions as necessary to ensure that we were happy with the final product. Extremely pleased with designer and her work. Highly recommended.
- Sandy Stanton
Sandy was a pleasure to work with. Not only is she creative but is quick to make changes and interact with different ideas. Will definitely hire again.
- layla design
Layla was so helpful and creative throughout the whole project thumbs up 👍🏼.
Excellent work!! Very happy and will use agaijn.
How SauceBossKailey started their product packaging journey
looks eco-friendly and home-made but still professional
clean, simple, classy
nice colour pops - love this design a lot
hip & different
custom shaped window in packet
simple and clean but interesting patterns and geometric shapes - one of my top faves
cute and easy to understand - name doesn't pop enough though
cute and playful aspects but still professional - slightly too pastel /muted but I really love this one
simple - a bit too 'typewriter-esque' but I like something about it
simple and clean - too basic for what we need but I like the simplicity
What colors do you want to see in your design?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Dairy-free, gluten-free and even some soy-free cream sauces... Nuts right? Right indeed - they are made from fresh cashews! NONA is a kitchen collision between a kooky Italian mama and a modern vegan diet: classic flavours with a taste for today. We currently have 3 rich and creamy sauce varieties: Alfredo, Carbonara and Cheesy-Style. They are all extremely versatile and taste great over noodles, veggies, proteins and snackers! Our sauces are easy to prepare - simply heat and eat.
Description of the product target audience
NONA Vegan's main customers are busy working folks who are craving a healthy home-made delicious meal, but don’t have the time or ability to make it. They’re often lactose-intolerant or gluten-intolerant, or have children with food sensitivities. Our sauces are suited to folks who are able and willing to spend a bit more money for a healthier, higher-quality product. We’re currently sold at over 80 retailers across Ontario, including Whole Foods and select Loblaws locations. We are launching soon, hopefully to the U.S. Whole Foods locations.
We are moving from a 2-size glass jar format (see attached photos of current packaging) to a single size pouch format. We are also launching into the U.S. market with this new format. I am not too concerned with keeping our original font or colours and am open to a big change with our image!
*Budget stipulation / printing limitation: I can only afford a 1-2 colour plate set-up at this time for printing on the pouches. I would like to have one base pouch (standard, printed for all three SKUs) that we will add stickers to for each flavour. The stickers can be full colour / any size - standard shapes only (rectangle, square, circle, etc)
* Must consider spacing for English / French (we are Canadian!)
- I'd like a 'window' (clear see-through bit) on the pouch so that people can see the sauces inside. This can be any shape or size but preferably located in the mid-region of the pouch in case of product separation at the top and/or bottom of the pouch.
- fairly simple front-side - save detailed info for back - catchy and clear - must clearly communicate: this sauce is going to be delicious and make me feel good!
- perhaps list key-attributes or use simple icons to convey (dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan etc) - We do not yet have any certifications but can make our own little symbols
- Perhaps the whole back should be a sticker? - See attached PDF (ROUGH! I am NOT a designer!) for my idea for back-side (no worries if yours looks nothing like that!)
- perhaps include a recipe / meal idea using the sauce
- instructions for use
- perhaps a testimonial if there is space?
- a spot to tell our brand story (see video of me, the owner, on our website)
- nutritional panel & barcode
- key attributes (dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, kosher...etc)
What to avoid
- If any food images are required I can grant access to our Dropbox - selected images are on website but plenty more available in our Dropbox!
- I would like to avoid overemphasizing the 'vegan' aspect of the product. The front copy can still be "Rich + Creamy Vegan Sauces" but I don't want that to be the key focus - Our sauces are great for anyone (vegan or not!) and I don't want to 'scare' anyone off by overstating the veganism.
- I've attached a photo of my Canadian competitor (Le Grande) - I would like to avoid blending in with them on the shelf.
Bag size: 6.5” x 9.75”+3.5” BG (bottom gusset)
Opening: 2” to zipper (1.5” from top)
Neck: Angle from 2” opening to shoulder width 6.5”
The pouches have a 'house-shape' to them - funnels in at the top (see aluminum foil package photo)
I like our 'wordmark only' logo but everything else is open to change (especially the colours, I'm not crazy about our current colours!)
these are my bad rough ideas for the backside of the pouch - No need to pay much attention to this (I'm not a designer!)
Backside of competitor pouch
frontside of competitor pouch
this is the shape of the pouches
copy! Open to suggestions as to adding more/less
also includes some CFIA guidelines