Develop a new concept for our new offering for our lidding solutions. This range will be printed on a digital label printer on aluminium material. This type of printing is the first in Australia to be offered to market. The machine it is printed on is the Screen Turepress JetL350UV. It is not important to mention that it is being printed on a digital printer however it is important when designing the concepts. As it is printed on the aluminium it won’t be a smooth finish, and the ink on the lid cannot be too much either otherwise it will flake off. You need to develop 20 designs with wording, the wording must suit the design. I have attached some old concepts for the team below to show how risky we can be. All 20 designs will be printed and used as part of the sample pack to hand out to customers to order the service from Jet technologies.
- To demonstrate what type of printing is achieved by the machine
- Offer this type of service- short-run offering to the packaging market
- To achieve orders with artwork to print different SKUs of designs required
20 designs that are done in each size below.
To be developed in illustrator with separate layers for each colour.
Colours to avoid in the design is violet and orange. Also when printing a full colour image to place white in the background. CMYK colours only.
Require 20 different designs in each size provided. These to be innovative designs that are not the normal juice lid or yoghurt lid. These designs to be very risky and out there with the concept. They can be cheeky too and different. We want to inspire the target market of what they can do with the design. Have a matching content too to go with the design is important. I have broken down the design types required to make it easier to design;
1. 6-8 designs with a mosaic like background and a logo in front. Want to show off the colour range that the printer can do. The logos to use can be Jet Technologies logo, dip range, dairy range or juice range.
2. One lid design with multiple variations ie including a promotion (6-8 designs). Co-branding with what is happening in the media at the moment in Australia ie. product brand with wallabies promo, another brand with state of origin logo, another brand with AFL these are just examples on what is required. The wording can be cheeky/naughty. want to shock our customers with our designs.
3. 6-8 designs varieties of juices labels showcase different flavours and have a naughty/cheeky tagline for each. ie green apple, apple and blackcurrant, sparkling lime etc.