PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT:
(1) Contestant to decide on new brand name for our Sangria
(2) Contestant to design the artwork for our “mini Sangria” wine, which will be packaged and sold in slim 187ml aluminum cans (The scope of this project does NOT include designing a related 4-pack carton that encloses the cans)
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
In April 2013, our winery will be nationally launching its Sangria wine in slim 187ml cans. The Sangria is fantastic tasting and contains a blend of red & white wine, a touch of real orange juice, and a small amount of effervescence (carbonation). It is medium to high in sweetness, and offers great refreshment. It will be one of only a few wines ever sold in slim aluminum cans (187ml, 6.2 ounces) in the U.S. A 187ml size is one quarter the size of a standard 750ml wine bottle, and is perfect as a single serve of wine.
The suggested retail prices per 187ml can will be $2.49. The product will be sold as individual cans, as well as in 4-pack cartons. (The 4-pack carton is NOT included in the scope of this project).
ABOUT THE MARKET:
* 80% of the buyers and consumers will be women – market the product to women!
* Women need to think of this Sangria-in-a-Can as super “cute” and “adorable”. The product should be so “cute” and “fun”, that girlfriends will want to share this with other girlfriends.
* This product should be positioned as a nice item for party favors, bridal showers, weddings, gifts etc.
* While the product is premium/quality, it should entice people who are relatively new to wine, and come from the world of soft drinks and beer.
* Packaged in aluminum cans, this Sangria will be sold on airlines; at sporting events; golf courses; beaches; the poolside, and any other place that glass bottles are generally prohibited. It is a “Sangria-on-the-Go!”
* Consumers should grab this product from their ice chest or cold refrigerator before consumption.
ABOUT THE ARTWORK:
(1) Graphics will cover the aluminum can from head-to-toe, back-to-front. The lid and the bottom of the can have no graphics.
(2) Area of artwork: 4 inches tall (height of can) x 6.5 inches wide (wrap around can)
(3) The product needs to visually “pop” off the shelf and be easy to see and read.
OTHER ITEMS THAT MUST BE ON CAN:
(1) < Brand Name as decided by you > + “Sangria”
(2) “A flavorful red wine with all natural orange juice, bursting with expressive citrus fruit flavors that are sure to strike your palate’s fancy!”
(3) “Serve at 42-46F”, or icon of “Serve on the rocks”
(4) “GRAPE WINE WITH NATURAL FLAVOR. PRODUCED & BOTTLED BY MADEMOISELLE WINERY, DEMING, NM.”
(5) “GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) ACCORDING TO THE SURGEON GENERAL, WOMEN SHOULD NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES DURING PREGNANCY BECAUSE OF THE RISK OF BIRTH DEFECTS. (2) CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IMPAIRS YOUR ABILITY TO DRIVE A CAR OR OPERATE MACHINERY, AND MAY CAUSE HEALTH PROBLEMS”
(6) Blank space for inserting UPC Barcode: 0-8849817002-3 (UPC is about ½” tall x 1.25” wide)
(8) “ALCOHOL 10% BY VOLUME”
(9) “CONTAINS SULFITES”
(11) Insert an icon symbol for recyclability (aluminum)