Jillean was very professional to work with. She was prompt in making changes to her design to fit our requirements. It was very enjoyable working with her
If we ever need to make changes, we'll make sure to contact her again!
Thanks again Jillean!
How Mallie3 started their product label journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Kayak Kafe is a locally owned restaurant in downtown Savannah, GA. Our food is eclectic and fresh, and we pride ourselves in fast and friendly service. Check out our website. http://www.eatkayak.com
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
1. This contest is for a product label for homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette, made with natural honey. All natural, no preservatives.
2. We plan to brand a line of health-conscious food products- salad dressings, habanero sauces, soups, etc- some organic and some simply "natural" with a name TBD. We do NOT want to incorporate the Kayak logo or name into the main art, but we probably would have it listed somewhere as a secondary graphic.
3. The logo, fonts and material need to convey healthy & fresh without looking hippie and cluttered.
4. The fonts are probably the most important, as they will be used across the brand.
5. We like the idea of the B in "Balsamic" being a distinguishing factor in the design, standing out as an eye catcher. We would like for the first letter to be one of our branding consistencies between products.
6. Review the zip file where there are many examples of existing product labels that we like.
We had a contest about 3-4 weeks ago, but there was no winner due to the following reasons:
1. There was not enough emphasis on font and branding multiple products in mind.
2. Too much emphasis on the honey aspect. We like the mention, but it doesn't need to take over the label.
3. We are also learning how to better describe what we want, so are trying again, along with many examples we like in the industry, attached above.
For additional artwork: Additional artwork can definitely be incorporated into the design. What I think might look good is incorporating what you think of a fresh salad, like tomato, red onion, lettuce, etc. But we don't want to see a picture, just clean art that brings that point across. This graphic would be something universal to salads that we could put on all the dressings to compliment the words. There may be other avenues/artwork that can bring that same feel to the label, that you may be able to come up with.