PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT:
Contestant to re-design the artwork for our brand of Farm2Heart wines. The scope of this project is to re-design the packaging for the 1st wine in a set of “Farm2Heart” family of wines. The 1st flavor in the family of wines will be POMEGRANATE wine. While not included in the scope of this contest, the 2nd and 3rd flavors of the set will be a Red Berry wine and Cranberry wine. Therefore, the packaging must be easily expandable to other flavors in the set, soon to follow the pomegranate flavor.
Part #1 of the project is to design a simple logo for “Farm2Heart” winery to be inserted onto the wine packaging.
Part #2 of the project is to re-design our artwork for a bottle sleeve. The wines in this set of wines will be packaged into conventional 750ml wine bottles; however, the wine bottles will not have a conventional wine label on the front and back of the bottle. Rather, the bottles will be packaged using a heat shrink sleeve that will cover the bottles with graphics from head-to-toe. We would like for there to be some similarity between the old packaging design with labels (images included with Brief) and the totally enhanced package design.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
In May 2013, our Farm2Heart winery will be nationally launching its Pomegranate wine. All the wines under the Farm2Heart winery brand will be a blend of approximately 70% red wine with approximately 30% all-natural, freshly squeezed fruit juice. This means, the product will be legally sold like a wine (with alcohol 10%), but will provide the functionality and healthy benefits of juice from “super fruits” that are rich in anti-oxidants, such as pomegranates, acai, blackberries, cranberries etc. All the juice is fresh, and not from concentrate. These wines represent a new class of wines, ones that are “wine + fresh fruit juice”.
The suggested retail price is $9.99.
ABOUT THE MARKET:
80% of the consumers are women; college educated; upwardly mobile; health conscience. The Farm2Heart wines will be sold by natural food stores, and preferably sold in the fresh grocery departments alongside fresh fruit and vegetables.
ABOUT THE ARTWORK:
The re-designed packaging for the 750ml bottle will apply a heat-shrink sleeve that will cover the entire bottle from head-to-toe, front-to-back. Using a sleeved package in place of standard wine labels will allow the designer to apply graphics and text to the entire bottle, including the body, shoulders and neck of the bottle.
DIMENSIONS OF THE SLEEVES:
Canvas area of sleeve: 280mm Height x 251mm Width.
The left side of sleeve will be front panel of bottle.
The right side of sleeve will be the back panel of bottle.
THE REQUIRED THEMES OF THE PACKAGE:
• Bright, eye-catching colors (e.g. crimson red like Pomegranate)
• No clip art
• Needs to be artistic, maybe include an artistic-looking heart into the design to communicate health, and healthy heart.
• The FRONT side of bottle needs to visually communicate what product is (“Semi-sweet wine infused with all natural pomegranate juice”)
• Winning design needs to “look easy and not over-designed”
THE PACKAGING MUST INCLUDE ON THE BACK OF THE BOTTLE THE FOLLOWING TEXT:
(1) “Farm2Heart” logo or emblem.
(2) “Created using juice from one of the world’s most highly-prized superfruits, this wine is unique and enticing. Fruit-forward with a beautiful rounded flavor, it makes the perfect sipping wine.”
(3) “PRODUCED AND BOTTLED BY FARM2HEART WINERY, DEMING, NEW MEXICO”
(4) A UPC barcode (0-88498-21003-3), that allows the product to be scanned at the supermarket.
(5) “GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) ACCORDING TO THE SURGEON GENERAL, WOMEN SHOULD NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES DURING PREGNANCY BECAUSE OF THE RISK OF BIRTH DEFECTS. (2) CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IMPAIRS YOUR ABILITY TO DRIVE A CAR OR OPERATE MACHINERY, AND MAY CAUSE HEALTH PROBLEMS”
(8) “Contains Sulfites”
ATTACHED INFORMATION TO PROJECT BRIEF
PDF, Bottle Dimensions (x1)
Image, 750ml wine bottle with white sleeve, no artwork.(x1)
JPEGs - Image shots of existing Pomegranate wine, Front and Back side (x2)