We are looking for a label design for our Vice Bier. Vice is a traditional Bavarian Hefeweizen, or wheat beer. It pours a light, hazy yellow with a thick head and features notes of banana, vanilla, and clove. The Vice is easy-drinking and perfect for spring and summer days. For the concept, we are inspired by the Miami Vice/80s imagery – bright, bold colors with a retro feel. We want the label to depict a man in a white suit and sunglasses, driving a sports car up the highway in the sunset. The design should be fun, bright, and engaging.
Since the label will print on an aluminum can, we are restricted to using *6 colors max* in the design. Black and white both count as colors, as do different shades of one color. For the colors, we are thinking red, yellow, aqua. We do *not* want to use the Miami Vice pink/blue. Please make sure you keep your design within the 6 color limit.
In the files, I am including a sticker label that we had been using for this beer. It would be great if we could use those sunglasses for inspiration on this can.
Other important elements to include:
- Vice Bier brand name
- Fort Hill Brewery
- Fort logo, incorporated in an interesting way
- "Gently shake the can to agitate yeast before pouring.” With an icon image of someone shaking the can (see Vice Bier sticker label for reference)
- Hefeweizen (Wheat Beer)
- 12 FL OZ
- 4.7% ABV
- UPC Code, ending in 052 (see files) We like customized UPCs (adding a fun design element to the code)
- “BREWED AND CANNED BY 1776 BREWING COMPANY, INC. 30 Fort Hill Road, Easthampton, MA 01027”
- *GOVERNMENT WARNING:* (1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.
I have attached some examples of our current cans. We want this can to fit in with our current style, so please take that into consideration as you design.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you!