We are looking for a label design for a new beer called, "Jigsaw Jazz." It is a Double IPA, a hoppy/strong style. For the concept, we were inspired by a piece of artwork in our taproom (see files). We wanted the label to depict a musician playing a clarinet (or a sax, some kind of instrument) with the notes being the different beer ingredients: water, malt, hops, and yeast. We're also interested in incorporating the puzzle piece motif in someway. The image itself can be puzzle pieces, or they can be shaped a certain way (like into our logo). While we want to follow this rough idea, we're open to your creativity.
The label is 3.625 x 8.5. It will be applied all the way around a black can (with some overlap). Template is attached in the design files.
For colors, we want to stick with darker shades. It should blend naturally over the black can. I am including reference photos of the black can with another label over it.
Other important elements to include:
- Beer name: "Jigsaw Jazz"
- Fort Hill Brewery
- Fort logo, incorporated in an interesting way
- Double IPA
- 12 FL OZ
- UPC code, ending in 176 (see files)
- “BREWED AND CANNED BY 1776 BREWING COMPANY, INC. 30 Fort Hill Road, Easthampton, MA 01027”
- Double India Pale Ale – this needs to be on the can for legal reasons, it doesn’t have to stand out
- *GOVERNMENT WARNING:* (1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.
I have attached some examples of our current cans. We want this can to fit in with our current style, so please take that into consideration as you design.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you!