We are looking for a label design for a new beer called, "Little Horse, Big Beer." It is a Belgian Golden Strong Ale. The name is inspired by the style of the beer itself – while it is light and crisp, it’s actually a higher alcohol, “bigger” beer. For the design, we want to go pretty literal. I am attaching a concept sketch in the brief. Our idea is to have a small rocking horse (or regular horse), with a light casting a shadow of a big beer against a black background.
The label is 3.625 x 8.5. It will be applied all the way around a black can (with some overlap). Template is attached in the design files.
For colors, we want to stick with a black background. It should blend naturally over the black can. I am including reference photos of the black can with another label over it.
Other important elements to include:
- Beer name: "Little Horse, Big Beer"
- Fort Hill Brewery
- Fort logo, incorporated in an interesting way
- Golden Strong Ale
- ABV: (TBD)
- 12 FL OZ
- UPC code, ending in 243 (see files) We like to add fun elements of customization to our UPC codes (see other labels)
- “BREWED AND CANNED BY 1776 BREWING COMPANY, INC. 30 Fort Hill Road, Easthampton, MA 01027”
- *GOVERNMENT WARNING:* (1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.
I have attached some examples of our current cans. We want this can to fit in with our current style, so please take that into consideration as you design.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you!