What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Food & Drink
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are a natural and organic food company, marketing a variety of snack and dessert items to mass markets, natural and specialty food stores. Our first project is for an upgrade on an existing line of chips, already very popular in the North East. I would like to work with an experienced food packaging designer with a track record of designing products that have success in the marketplace. Also I'll be happy to entertain new designers that are rising stars.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I want to upgrade our chip label design, specifically the front of the package. The back panel could remain the same or be upgraded, but the contest will be for our principle display panel ( front of the chip package) . view our current designs at http://www.painoorganics.com Once we decide on the winner of the chip design we will move to re-designing our salsas, based on this same design. To be specific we need:
1. Chip packages that are more focussed on the produce department. We have 9 healthy veggies in our salsa, and one of our tortilla strips is a 9 veggie strip. We will be introducing more veggie type chips shortly and want to have a new design that helps place and sell them in produce.
2. I want to maintain current equity in the brand. I sell 24,000 units per month, so do not want to lose those customers. I'm not sure how to do this, but one thought is to shrink or simplify sunset logo scene to make it more iconic. There's a lot going on, with our label, and we could make it simpler and focussed on the chips more, while retaining the strong brand identity.
3. I like to leave a lot of white space, or even increase it.
4.We need more appetite appeal. Perhaps a 3 d photo more appealing than the way they stand up now.
5. a nice way to display all the third party certificates on the front to the package: i.e.: certified gluten free , verified non gmo, 9 servings of veggies/ x servings of whole grains/ would look to designer for help on what to add here. Again, look at current chip designs at http://www.painoorganics.com.
6. Consider all the competition we have. We need to have a bold, upscale design that says fresh, that it is high quality, that our brand is healthier and better tasting than what's out there.
Thank you in advance for your submittal.
I feel that I need something fresh and new to help us compete with all the chips and salsas out there. If we continue on our current path, the Number 9 brand will become a national one, ( already we are a strong regional player), so whoever does the final design will have a design that is well recognized. Sell sheets and shelf talkers will also be designed, along with the chip design being used for the salsas, instead of the current salsa design. Also, since we use our outer chip box as a display box, that needs to be updated as well.