For our first batch we are creating a white and a red wine.
Our initial thinking is to package the wine in colorful printed tissue paper (see attached image). We are thinking 6 different eye catching colors per case.
1) a logo for Swartskaap – which means black sheep, so a black sheep in some form or other makes a lot of sense
2) a font and type for the name “Swartskaap”
3) a label for the white wine and red wine – our initial thoughts are to have the label somehow evoke the fact that this is the first batch. This can be done through imagery or by calling it “the First” or something to that effect. The white and red labels can be different or a variation of the same theme
4) Help with the copy for the back label – please see our first cut below
5) A design for the tissue paper – please see attached – we like this idea but if you have better ones then by all means. To keep costs down, this should be in black and white printed on color tissue paper
6) General font type, color palette, etc for use in all materials from flyers, to website, facebook and letter head etc
Our initial thoughts for the copy on the back of the label:
“Not sure if you can taste the wild boysenberries or that hint of French vanilla and the lingering roasted Kenyan coffee beans… Blahdy blahdy blah blah blah. Who believes this nonsense anyway??? Don’t worry if you can’t… It’s not a big deal – just enjoy the damn wine!
We aren’t going to tell you what time of day, in whose company or with what food our wine is best enjoyed. We do recommend you stick a case under your bed, because this is our first limited edition and one day… ;-)
This wine contains sulfites - rumored to give some people headaches. But so do 10 shots of Jäger so you choose.”