Task: Design an (1) iconic label for a Norwegian craft distillery aquavit. Bottle is specified.
BOTTLE - "Strand - Bottle.pdf":
- 50 cl glass bottle, amber coloured. Please see attached specifications. http://www.ardaghproducts.com/produ…he-500-c20
- top of bottle neck is dipped in black wax.
REQUIRED ON LABEL:
• Brand name: Strand
• Product: Aquavit
• Logo - "Diamond_.jpg"
– Contains year (1843) and village (Moelv) of origin.
– This element does NOT necessarily need to have a prominent placement on the label, however must be included somewhere on the design.
** Please feel free to tweak/polish the logo as you see fit in order to make it appear more relevant, but make sure to retain its recognizability. You may also rotate the diamond.
• Distillery workers signatures - "Signatures 1843.jpg"
– This doesn't NEED to be on the label, but can be used if you think it suits/ you can do something with it.
– To be considered: Please see attachment for other visual elements that are historically relevant for Strand Brænderi.
INFORMATION ON THE LABEL:
- ATTACHMENTS: Strand Mandatory labeling.docx
PRODUCTS THAT INSPIRE US:
– ATTACHMENTS: please see a range of attached imagery.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
- rosé coloured aquavite
- flavoured with extract of red clover.
- Spirit distilled from potatoes.
WHAT IS AQUAVIT: Scandinavian flavoured, comparable to gin, but main botanical is caraway, giving the aquavit a spicy flavour with noticable notes of anis and sitrus.
This aquavit is the first of its kind and the first in a range alcoholic products from our brand.
Distilleri was established the same year the Norwegian government implemented production ban on distilled spirits. They found a way to create a prospering business through creating a cooperative.
FEELING OF THE DESIGN:
– Strand brand originates from 1843. Norway's first farmers cooperative.
– Strand has an innovative approach to flavours and processes - competency, experience, passion and intuition drives development of great tasting products. We can mess with conventional processes to achieve great taste.
– Behind every Strand product are a group of people with the skills, creativity and passion for uncovering and discovering great flavours.
- Vision: Pioneering craft distilling in Scandinavia, become the leading craft distilled spirits brand in Scandinavia and world leading in craft aquavits.
- Hand crafted
THINGS TO NOTE:
• MANUAL LABELLING:
Each bottle will labelled by hand, which means that the labels will never be perfectly placed on the bottles. Please consider this when you develop and present your proposal. The label must be designed for a real world scenario.
Labels should therefor be presented slightly off center on the bottle and preferably two or more bottles next to each other to see if the design works with slight placement variation from bottle to bottle.
- Complete label artwork for one product. Artwork should include print specifications, cutter guide with dimensions. Format: AI and PDF including layers and font specifications.
- High quality digital presentation of complete packaging.